How to remove TornTV (Virus Removal Guide)
TornTV (also searched for as TornTV virus, Torn TV, TheTorntvs V11-1, TheTorntv V10) is not a program you want on your computer. It is known as a deceptive and intrusive adware type program and browser plugin that can infiltrate your computer system and internet browsers that it affects without user knowledge. It can cause a lot of problems for computer and internet users like. Once TornTV adware has entered your computer and attached to Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari it will inject the webpages you visit with pop-up advertisements that might say “Ads by TornTV” or “brought by TornTV” on them.
What is TornTV?
TornTV is promoted as a free media player and online streaming website that will allow you to view different kinds of media files and online videos.
TornTV adware generates deceptive and intrusive pop-up ads across Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari. Ads by TornTV are defined as ‘targeted’ ads because they use your personal browsing information (including all your data on the websites you visit) to produce advertisements it feels you are most likely to click on. The adware basically ‘targets’ you based off your current and past browsing habits.
TornTV adware is not technically defined as a computer virus but this adware is still a threat to your privacy and can be the sign of a severe malware infection. The internet security community strongly recommends that you remove TornTV if you find it installed on your machine or attached to your internet browser as a browser add-on or extension and use reputable Antivirus or Anti-Malware software to eradicate any existing malicious files.
How did TornTV get on my computer?
TornTV and programs like it are usually contracted without knowledge. TornTV is often bundled inside third-party software downloaders and bundlers. It may arrive on a computer system once other programs have been introduced to the machine. Software that TornTV adware may bundle with includes freeware, shareware, and dubious torrent files.
[fancy_box title=”TornTV overview”]
- TornTV bundles with other potentially unwanted programs and malware.
- TornTV is usually bundled inside installers and downloaders distributed as dubious torrents or as freeware programs distributed by websites similar to download.com and softonic.com.
- TornTV injects visited webpages with pop-up and in-text advertisements.
- TornTV makes unwanted changes to existing Windows settings and schedules new tasks which allow it to run every time Windows starts and check to see if the program has been disabled. If the program is disabled it will enable itself.
How to remove TornTV virus
[list style=”pointer” color=”red”]
Option 1: Automatically remove TornTV virus with Malwarebytes
1. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
[button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=http%3a%2f%2fdownloads.malwarebytes.org%2ffile%2fmbam%2f&redirecthash=79CD12ECAB939D32967B5D05C6C86E32″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#c71414″ hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”false”]Download “TornTV” removal tool[/button]
2. Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing.
3. Make sure that Malwarebytes has been updated. To ensure it is updated click Update Now on the Dashboard.
4. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
5. When the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button or restart your computer if Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
[note align=”left”]If you are still having issues removing TornTV we suggest that use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3 to locate and remove any computer infection that may be present. You may also proceed to option 2 below and view our additional tips to remove TornTV.[/note]
Option 2: Manually remove TornTV
How to uninstall TornTV
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove program) in the Programs section.
3. Search for TornTV in the list of installed programs and select it with your mouse, then click Uninstall. You can also double click TornTV to uninstall it.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find TornTV in your list of installed program you may need to uninstall additional programs that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove TornTV below.[/note]
How to remove TornTV add-ons and extensions
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the TornTV extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the TornTV add-on and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the TornTV extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find TornTV in your list of add-ons and extensions you may need to remove additional attachments that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove TornTV below.[/note]
TornTV virus removal tips
- If you do not find TornTV in your list of installed programs you may need to uninstall additional programs. Additional programs may include suspicious titles that may have been contracted around the same time or after the initial infection.
- If you are still having issues removing TornTV you should use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3. HitmanPro 3 is the best second opinion scan and removal tool. It can be used to locate and remove remaining threats.