ToomkyGames Toolbar (toomkygames.com)
ToomkyGames (also found as ToomkyGames virus, Toomky virus, etc. though not an actual virus) is potential malware categorized as adware and a browser hijacker that primarily installs to a Microsoft Windows PC and attaches to Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer as a browser add-on, browser helper object (BHO), and extension with or without user consent. Once installed ToomkyGames Toolbar will begin to change existing internet browser settings, including the home page, managed, provided, and default search engine. This causes unwanted browser redirects, start ups, and even helps display unwanted adverts.
Once installed ToomkyGames may appear at the top of an open internet browser window and contain a search box and links to social media and promoted websites including Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
ToomkyGames and similar items may change Microsoft Windows start up settings and corrupt browser shortcuts, which will also help ToomkyGames and third-party malware into reformatting existing internet browser settings. Furthermore ToomkyGames Toolbar may allow additional third-party malware to infect a computer system or install without consent including advertisement serving platforms (adware) and even spyware.
ToomkyGames Toolbar and related parties have been reported to collect sensitive user information including you IP address, your name, telephone number, home address, email address, and more. ToomkyGames malware and related parties may even collect and distribute user information manually submitted into online forms while ToomkyGames Toolbar and third-party software is installed and attached to internet browsers, including usernames, passwords, credit card details, bank account information, social media relationships, and more. Cyber crimes relating to the browser hijacker category (though rare in this case) include credit theft, extortion, identity theft, and others.
Most victims of this software complain of unwanted email spam, junk mail, and even telephone calls from telemarketers. It has been concluded that ToomkyGames Toolbar and related parties will submit users to marketing and mailing lists without direct consent.
How does ToomkyGames Toolbar get onto a computer?
ToomkyGames Toolbar often bundles with third-party software including freeware and shareware such as DVDVideoSoft Toolbar and other items. In some instances users may have the opportunity to accept or decline an offer to install ToomkyGames Toolbar and download games from the website; however the request to decline the installation of ToomkyGames Toolbar and other items is often ignored or presented in a colluding manner.
ToomkyGames can also be manually and voluntarily downloaded and installed from
http://toomkygames.com and often bundles with free games downloaded from the website.
How to remove ToomkyGames Toolbar
- Automatically remove ToomkyGames Toolbar malware – Scan for and automatically remove the ToomkyGames Toolbar hijacker and third-party malware
- Manually remove ToomkyGames Toolbar – Remove/Uninstall ToomkyGames Toolbar promoted software and third-party malware (if necessary)
1. Automatic ToomkyGames Toolbar removal
Use the instructions below to automatically remove ToomkyGames Toolbar and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
1. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
2. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, make sure to do so.
3. On the first tab labeled “Scanner” select the Perform full scan option and click the Scan button to perform a full system scan. Malwarebytes will automatically detect malware infecting the computer system.
4. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer (the image below shows a file that is NOT selected) or click the Delete button to remove quarantined files.
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall ToomkyGames Toolbar and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall ToomkyGames Toolbar and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for ToomkyGames Toolbar, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manual ToomkyGames Toolbar removal
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall ToomkyGames Toolbar malware and third-party software using generic Microsoft Windows removal procedures.
How to uninstall ToomkyGames Toolbar
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for ToomkyGames Toolbar, recently installed games, and other potentially unwanted software. Once located, double click the unwanted programs or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button.
How to remove ToomkyGames Toolbar add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions to remove ToomkyGames Toolbar add-ons, extensions, plug-ins, and additional third-party toolbars. Please note, it may be necessary to remove multiple third-party items.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the ToomkyGames Toolbar extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to them.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the ToomkyGames Toolbar add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the ToomkyGames Toolbar add-on and remove it if located.