How To Remove The Searcheh Virus – Searcheh.com Redirect Virus Removal Instructions
What is the Searcheh virus (Searcheh.com redirect virus)?
The Searcheh virus, also referred to as the Searcheh.com redirect virus, is malware categorized as a browser hijacker. Searcheh is primarily used by cyber criminals and unethical third-parties to change existing internet browser settings, in order to accommodate sponsors, including third party malware, software, and files. The Searcheh virus changes the home page and default search engine of popular internet browsers, causing internet browsers to start up on searcheh.com, and web searches and web addresses typed into the browser’s address bar to redirect to searcheh.com and other websites.
Searcheh.com attempts to appear like Google search engine, but Searcheh is not Google, and should not be used as a search engine. Searcheh.com is not safe and is not a legitimate search engine. Though many search results are realistic, the search results displayed by Searcheh.com have been reported to be dangerous, and may initiate the unauthorized download of malware.
How does Searcheh.com infect a computer system?
A searcheh.com redirection virus can be contracted from a variety of sources. Browser hijackers alike Searcheh, often bundle with third party software, including browser add-ons, extensions, and Toolbars.
Searcheh may even bundle with legitimate third-party software if the software is downloaded from unethical sources such as download.com.
Searcheh.com virus: Symptoms
- Searcheh can “infect” a computer system without detection.
- Searcheh changes internet browser settings without permission. This includes the home page and default (managed, provided) search engine that is used to search the internet using the browser’s address or omni bar. Furthermore, changing the internet browser’s default search engine causes the browser to redirect to searcheh.com and/or other websites (pictured below).
- Searcheh may allow third-party malware access to a computer system, including adware and spyware, used to collect and observe internet activity, display pop-up advertisements, and more. It should also be noted that similar malware considered browser hijackers by security experts have been linked to severe cyber crime involving credit theft, extortion, and identity theft.
How to remove the Searcheh virus – Searcheh.com
- Automatic removal (Searcheh removal software)
- Manual removal and repair (Manually remove Searcheh.com)
1. Automatic removal (Searcheh removal software)
Use these instructions to automatically remove the Searcheh virus and third-party malware, as well as repair internet browser settings.
1. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
2. Once Malwarebytes is installed, open the Anti-Malware software. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, please do so. If you are using an existing version of Malwarebytes on your computer, make sure you update the software by navigating to the Update tab.
3. Open the first tab labeled “Scanner” and select the Perform full scan option. Click the Scan button to perform a full system scan. Malwarebytes will automatically detect and remove malware affecting your computer system.
4. Once the full system scan is complete, Malwarebytes may prompt a message stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer (the image below shows a file that is NOT selected).
CCleaner can be used to repair internet browser settings, startup settings, and troubleshoot, as well as perform many useful tasks such as uninstalling software that wont uninstall. In other words, CCleaner can automatically stop your browser from redirecting to searcheh.com and other websites.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. If needed, to automatically uninstall unwanted software, navigate to the Uninstall tab and get to it!
2. Manual removal and repair (Manually remove Searcheh malware)
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall software, including browser helper objects, add-ons, extensions, plugins, and tool-bars relating to the Searcheh virus.
In many cases with browser hijackers and relating malware, a browser helper object is downloaded without authorization and must be removed using Window’s uninstaller.
Windows Uninstaller – Control Panel
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program (depending on your version of Windows).
3. In the list of installed programs, search for suspicious software including third party programs and uninstall them. To uninstall software relating to Searcheh, double click the program’s icon, or highlight the program in the list and click Uninstall.
Remove Searcheh browser hijacker (Add-on, extension, Toolbar)
Searcheh may install as a standalone add-on or extension, alongside third-party browser attachments, or bundled inside a third-party browser attachment. Removing third-party attachments often removes symptoms associated with the Searcheh redirect virus.
It is suggested to Uninstall any unwanted programs and browser helper objects using Window’s Uninstaller or CCleaner prior to removing the browser attachment.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin locate any suspicious add-ons and remove them if located.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab locate any suspicious add-ons and remove them if located.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for suspicious extensions and remove them by clicking the trashcan icon next to them.
How to remove Searcheh.com from your home page (Stop start up)
- In Mozilla Firefox navigate to Tools > Options or click Firefox in the top left corner and click Options > Options. Under the General tab remove http://Searcheh.com from the “Home Page:” field and replace it with your preferred home page URL.
- In Microsoft Internet Explorer navigate to Tools >Internet Options. Remove http://Searcheh.com from the Home Page field and replace it with your preferred URL.
- In Google Chrome click the customize icon (wrench or 3 bars) and navigate to Settings.Click “Set pages” under the On startup option. Remove http://Searcheh.com and replace it with your preferred URL.
How to remove the Searcheh.com search engine (Stop redirect)
- In Mozilla Firefox, click the small search magnify glass near the search box (not url/search field) and click “Manage Search Engines…”. Remove the http://Searcheh.com search engine from the list of search providers by highlighting the selections and clicking remove.
- In Microsoft Internet Explorer navigate to Tools > Manage Add Ons > Search Providers and remove the http://Searcheh.com search engine from the list.
- In Google Chrome, click the customize icon (wrench or 3 bars) and navigate to Settings > Manage search engines… click the X next to http://Searcheh.com to remove it as your search engine. If http://Searcheh.com is set as Google Chrome’s default search engine, add (or select) a new search engine (such as Google.com) and select the new search engine as the default search engine, then remove http://Searcheh.com by clicking the X next to it (pictured below/mouse is hovered over Google).