What is Searchae.com (Searchae)?
Searchae (Searchae.com, Searchae.com/Search) is a redirection virus, browser hijacker, and website often utilized by third party malware, most notably adware and spyware platforms. Victims usually notice their systems are infected by Searchae.com when internet browser settings have changed without user consent such as the Home Page and Provided Search Engines. Once these options are affected by Searchae internet searches and URLs inputted into the browser address bar redirect to Searchae.com and/or other websites.
Searchae.com is not a search engine though attempts to appear as one. Search results on Searchae.com are inaccurate and are essentially advertisements. Clicking any links on Searchae.com may result in a further malware, virus, and Trojan infections. Clicking links and advertisements on Searchae.com will also help Searchae earn money by use of third party adware platforms.
When using Searchae.com to lookup “Google” no results were displayed, only advertisements, nor were results displayed for “botcrawl” as shown in the image below.
No, Searchae.com is not considered safe.
If your internet browser is affected by Searchae.com you are most likely infected by malware, viruses, and or Trojans. Your personal information, identity, credit, and computer funtionality are at risk of being used improperly. If you are infected by Searchae.com remove any malware which may be the cause and repair your internet browser settings to normal.
Why is my home page directing to Searchae.com?
If your home page is redirecting to Searchae.com upon start up WITHOUT your consent you are infected with malware, viruses, and/or Trojans. You may have contracted an infection by visiting a website hosting malware, drive-by-download sites, downloading freeware/shareware, or accessing malicious email messages.
- Instructions to repair your home page are below.
Why are internet searches and URLS redirecting to Searchae.com?
If internet searches and URLs inputted into your browser address bar are redirecting to Searchae.com or other websites WITHOUT your consent you are infected with malware, viruses, and/or Trojans. Your browsers internal “search engine provider” has been hijacked. You may have contracted an infection by visiting a website hosting malware, drive-by-download sites, downloading freeware/shareware, or accessing malicious email messages.
- Instructions to repair provided search engines are below.
How to remove the Searchae Virus and repair settings
1. Repair Home Page Settings (Start Up)
Follow the directions below to remove Searchae.com (etc) as your home page upon start up.
1. Click the 3 bar options icon or wrench icon and click Settings.
2. Under the “On start up” section click the Set pages link.
3. Remove Searchae.com and any suspicious website by clicking the X.
1. Click Tools and select Options.
2. In the General tab where it says “Home page” in the Start Up section remove Searchae.com or similar URLs and type your preferred webpage (google.com, bing.com, botcrawl.com).
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Internet Options.
2. In the “Home Page” query remove Searchae.com or similar URLs and type your preferred home page (google.com, bing.com, botcrawl.com) or select default or blank.
2. Repair Provided Search Engines (Redirection)
Follow the directions below to remove Searchae.com (etc) as your provided search engine in order to stop redirecting to Searchae.com.
1. Click the 3 bar or wrench settings icon and select Settings.
2. In the Search section select the Manage search engines… button.
3. RemoveSearchae.com or related search engines by selecting the X next to the URL upon clicking on and highlighting the website(s).
1. Click the small search arrow or magnify glass near the search bar at the top of the internet browser.
2. Select Manage search engines…
3. Highlight Searchae.com or related search engines and click remove. The search engine may be a default search engine or listed under “Other search engines” (pictured below).
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. Navigate to the Search Providers list.
3. Search for Searchae.com or related search engines and click the Remove button (at least disable).
3. Check Your System For Malware
Select your preferred Antivirus software from the recommended selection below. All software is downloaded from the vendors secure website and is available as a free version and/or at discounted prices for full versions.
|Purchase Now||Purchase Now||Purchase Now||Purchase Now|
|Free Download||Free Download||Free Download||Free Download|