How To Remove The Search Safer Toolbar Hijacker Virus (SearchSafer.com Redirection Malware, Search Safer Virus)
What is the Search Safer Virus (SearchSafer.com)?
The Search Safer virus (SearchSafer, Searchsafer.com/Origin: Israel) is an internet browser hijacker, commonly referred to as a redirection virus due to redirecting inputted URLs and browser search results to searchsafer.com and other associated third party websites. The Search Safer (SearchSafer) infection may occur from a variety of malicious websites, bundled malware, and freeware or shareware. Often when infected by Search Safer, internal and third party adware and spyware platforms are used to collect personal and usage information in order to display malicious advertisements from known adware clients such as Adserverplus and other malicious activities.
Searchsafe.com infects internet browsers by installing the SearchSafer Toolbar as well as other third party browser helper objects (BHOs) such as add-ons, extensions, toolbars, and managed search engines (search providers).
What is the SearchSafer Toolbar?
The SearchSafer Toolbar is a malicious toolbar used to negatively affect infected internet browsers provided by SearchSafer.com but unavailable for public. If SearchSafer Toolbar is found in your list of add-ons or extensions it is very important that you remove this malicious application to protect your personal information and maintain system functionality.
Why is SearchSafer.com considered dangerous?
SearchSafer.com (the website) and the Search Safer Toolbar are very dangerous to use and visit for many reasons concerning malicious activity and cross scripts.
- SearchSafer.com runs known adware and spyware scripts from AdServerPlus and other adware/spyware platforms in order to track and trace internet activity and display malicious/spam advertisements in different forms, including in text advertising, and popup advertising.
- SearchSafer.com uses internet protocol addresses to locate infected computer systems and gather information, such as latitude and longitude.
- SearchSafer.com, the SearchSafer Toolbar, and associated malware will maliciously affect computer system and internet browser functionality.
What are Search Safer hijack symptoms?
- The Search Safer virus first installs a Toolbar titled SearchSafer Toolbar, as well as possible third party Toolbar applications.
- The Search Safer virus changes managed search engines (search providers) which cause internet searches and inputted URLS in the internet browser address bar to redirect to SearchSafer.com (dangerous websites).
- The Search Safer virus changes homepage settings (start up page settings) which cause the internet browser to direct to SearchSafer.com or associated malicious websites upon start up or visiting home.
How to remove SearchSafer Toolbar Virus
- Uninstall SearchSafer Software – If necessary
- Remove SearchSafer Toolbar add-on (extension)
- Repair additional Search Provider Settings (stop redirections)
- Repair Home Page Settings (start up page)
1. Uninstall SearchSafer Software
SearchSafer Toolbar may install onto your computer system as well as your internet browser. If you can not locate SearchSafer Toolbar or suspicous applications using Window’s Unintaller, do not panic. It is not common for SearchSafer to install software onto your computer, but recommended to check for the infection before repairing your system.
1. Click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click Add or Remove Programs or Uninstall a Program.
2. In the Currently installed programs list, click “SearchSafer Toolbar” or search for other suspicious applications then click Uninstall. and follow the on-screen steps.
Windows Vista or Windows 7
1. Click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click Programs and Features or Uninstall a Program. 2. In the Currently installed programs list, click “SearchSafer Toolbar “ (or other) then click Uninstall.
2. Remove SearchSafer Toolbar add-on (extension)
Search for any extensions which SearchSafer.com and associated malware may have attached to each installed internet browser and remove them if present.
Google Chrome: Click the wrench icon, navigate to Tools > Extensions and remove any malicious extension from the list.
Mozilla Firefox: Navigate to Tools > Add-ons > Extensions and remove all malicious extensions.
Microsoft Internet Explorer: Navigate to Tools> Manage add-ons and remove all malicious add ons.
3. Repair additional Search Provider Settings (stop redirections)
Remove SearchSafer.com or other suspicious websites as your internet browsers managed search engine in order to stop online redirections.
Internet Explorer users
1. Open the Internet Options window.
2. In the General Tab, click the Settings button under the Search section
3. Select SearchSafer.com (or related) and click on Remove.
4. Then click on OK.
Mozilla Firefox users
1. Open the Search Engine menu by clicking the arrow which is located in the upper-right corner of FireFox.
2. Choose Manage Search Engines…
3. Select SearchSafer.com (or related).
4. Click the Remove button, and then click OK.
Google Chrome users
1. Click the wrench icon next to the browser address bar
2. Select Options or Settings
3. Click the Basics tab.
4. Click Manage search engines in the “Search” section.
5. Select SearchSafer.com (or related) from the Other search engines list
6. Click the X that appears at the right side.
7. Click the Make default button on the search provider you desire and then simply navigate away from that page.
4. Repair Home Page Settings (start up page)
Repair your home page settings to normal to stop your internet browser from redirecting to SearchSafer.com or other malicious websites.
1. In Internet Explorer, select Tools > Internet Options from the top menu.
2. Make sure the General Tab is opened.
3. In the Home page section, remove SearchSafer.com (or related) and switch it to what you desire.
1. In FireFix, select Tools > Options from the top menu.
2. Make sure the General Tab is selected.
3. In the Startup section, remove SearchSafer.com (or related) and add switch it to what you desire.
1. Open Google Chrome and click on the Wrench icon on the right.
2. Then click on Settings from the drop down menu.
3. In the On startup section, next to Open a specific page or set of pages click Set pages.
4. Remove SearchSafer.com (or related) and add your preferred URL by clicking the X next to Search Safer.