How To Remove The Search.Fenrir-Inc.com And Sleipnirstart.com Redirection Virus And Browser Hijacker
Sleipnirstart.com – Search.Fenrir-Inc.com Redirection Virus Detection, Information, And Removal Instructions
The Fenrir-Inc.com redirection virus is often referred to as the Search.Fenrir-Inc.com redirection virus and the Sleipnirstart.com redirection virus and is categorized as a browser hijacker capable of altering internet browser settings such as Home Page and Provided search engines, just like Snap.do, Claro Search, Searchae, and SearchYa. Once affected by the Fenrir-Inc.com redirection virus, internet browser direct to Fenrir-Inc.com websites upon start up and victims attempting to utilize their browser search or input URLs into the browser address bar are redirected to Fenrir-Inc.com websites, in particular sleipnirstart.com when attempting to search. When a search is conducted on the webpage sleipnirstart.com, the search results list on search.fenrir-inc.com, hence the referred name of this redirection virus. The fenrr-inc virus can infect mobile devices as well as computers.
Additional Fenrir-Inc.com spam information:
Domains registered in the same registrar are either caught or involved with spam traps usually redirect to a Japanese R18 dating site at admens.jp
http://pr01.hmgprwj.info/pc/userprof.php redirects to http://admens.jp/pc/top/?errno=1105
Sponsoring Registrar: GMO Internet, Inc. doing business as Onamae.com
RSS.URIBL.COM listing shows
RSS Feed: Listed Domains registered at GMO INTERNET, INC. D/B/A ONAMAE.COM AND DISCOUNT-DOMAIN.COM
62.8% – 184 of 293 domains registered are listed by URIBL in the 5 day period (June 2011)
Registrant Name:Whois Protect Service
Registrant Organization:GMO Internet Inc.
The admens.jp web site is in Japanese and English, and the featured brand is “Make Love”
The base of the web page has “Copyright MakeLove All Rights Reserved” ”
Why is my internet browser redirecting to Sleipnistart.com?
If your internet browser searches and URLs inputted into the address bar redirecting to Sleipnirstart.com without your consent you are infected with malware.
Why is my internet browser redirecting to Search.Fenrir-Inc.com?
If your internet browser searches and URLs inputted into the address bar redirecting to Search.fenrir-inc.com result pages without your consent you are infected with malware.
These redirection viruses otherwise known as browser hijacks may have been contracted from visiting a website hosting malware, a drive-by-download site, spam mail, and more.
Removal Procedure: Antivirus Software
First step, detect malware. Use a free or paid version of recommended software. This software is downloaded from the manufacturer’s secure server.
|Purchase Now||Purchase Now||Purchase Now||Purchase Now|
|Free Download||Free Download||Free Download||Free Download|
After malware has been detected and removed, proceed to repair internet browser settings in order to sufficiently stop redirections and hijacked browser start ups.
1. Repair Home Page Settings (Start up)
Follow the directions below to remove Fenrir-Inc.com, Search.Fenrir-Inc.com, Sleipnirstart.com, or other unwanted sites as your home page upon start up.
1. Click the 3 bar options icon or wrench icon and click Settings.
2. Under the “On start up” section click the Set pages link.
3. Remove Fenrir-Inc.com, Search.Fenrir-Inc.com, Sleipnirstart.com, and/or other unwanted websites by clicking the X.
1. Click Tools and select Options.
2. In the General tab where it says “Home page” in the Start Up section remove Fenrir-Inc.com, Search.Fenrir-Inc.com, Sleipnirstart.com, and/or other unwanted websites and type your preferred webpage (google.com, bing.com, botcrawl.com).
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Internet Options.
2. In the “Home Page” query remove Fenrir-Inc.com, Search.Fenrir-Inc.com, Sleipnirstart.com, and/or other unwanted websites and type your preferred home page (google.com, bing.com, botcrawl.com) or select default or blank.
2. Repair Provided Search Engines (Redirections)
Follow the directions below to remove Fenrir-Inc.com, Search.Fenrir-Inc.com, Sleipnirstart.com, and/or other unwanted websites as your provided search engine in order to stop redirections.
1. Click the 3 bar or wrench settings icon and select Settings.
2. In the Search section select the Manage search engines… button.
3. Remove Fenrir-Inc.com, Search.Fenrir-Inc.com, Sleipnirstart.com, and/or related search engines by selecting the X next to the URL upon clicking on and highlighting the website(s).
1. Click the small search arrow or magnify glass near the search bar at the top of the internet browser.
2. Select Manage search engines…
3. Highlight Fenrir-Inc.com, Search.Fenrir-Inc.com, Sleipnirstart.com, and/or related search engines and click remove. The search engine may be a default search engine or listed under “Other search engines” (pictured below).
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. Navigate to the Search Providers list.
3. Search for Fenrir-Inc.com, Search.Fenrir-Inc.com, Sleipnirstart.com, and/or related search engines and click the Remove button (at least disable).
Removing Browser Cache And Cookies (Optional)
When infected by a browser hijacker causing redirections it is always recommended to delete your internet browser cache and cookie files for safe measure. These websites may store cookies on your system which in turn are used to trace and track your internet activity and/or location. Your browser cache and cookie files can be deleted in your browser’s preference or settings options.