How to remove Reimage (Removal Instructions)
Reimage is the publisher of multiple computer security programs, including Reimage Repair (also known as Reimage PC Repair Online). Older products that are no longer in circulation include Reimage Smartbar, Reimage Community Smartbar, Reimage Customized Web Search, and others.
Reimage is not a virus although many Reimage programs were once detected by reputable Antivirus and Anti-Malware products such as Malwarebytes and HitmanPro as potentially unwanted programs (PUPs) and adware. Reimage tells us that they have recently begun working with Malwarebytes, McAfee, Symantec and Microsoft and have undergone a massive compliancy overhaul in order to make their Reimage Repair program better. They tell me that Reimage is now Whitelisted by ALL major AV with the odd false positive popping up periodically.
It seems that Reimage is trying to clean-up their act and get become a real player in the internet security field. The results of the overhaul have yet to be entirely seen. The Reimage Repair program is still detected by a few Antivirus and Anti-Malware products as a potentially unwanted program or Win32 threat. Reputable Anti-Malware software HitmanPro will detect and remove Reimage Repair files. These could most likely be false positives.
In addition, some adware will show you Reimage advertisements. Adware like DNS Unlocker will serve you pop-up advertisements for Reimage Repair in your web browser. The advertisements are not caused by Reimage, but from a third-party ad-serving program.
How to remove Reimage Repair (Removal Instructions)
Step 1: Remove Reimage extensions
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon on the top menu and navigate to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Reimage extension in the list and click the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. Search for the Reimage add-on on the Extensions and Plugin tab and click remove.
1. Click Safari and go to Preferences > Extensions.
2. Find the Reimage extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
Step 2: Uninstall Reimage from Windows
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. On Windows Control Panel, click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program in the Programs section.
3. Select the Reimage program with your mouse and click the Uninstall button to begin the uninstall process.