How To Remove The ProtectedSearch.com Virus – ProtectedSearch Redirection Virus Removal Instructions
What Is The ProtectedSearch.com Virus (Protected Search Malware)?
The Proteced Search virus, also referred to as the Protectedsearch.com virus, or simply Protected Search is malware, categorized as a browser hijacker that installs software to a computer system without consent, as well as changes existing internet browser settings, causing infected browsers to start-up on and redirect to protectedsearch.com, search.protectedsearch.com, start.protectedsearch.com, home.protectedsearch.com, or search based webpages and third party domain names.
Protectedsearch.com is not a realistic search engine and search results displayed on the protectedsearch.com search results page are forged and paid for by unethical third parties, or utilized by Protected Search to install additional software, malicious payloads, or orchestrate unethical practices.
Protectedsearch.com Virus Dangers And Symptoms
The Protectedsearch.com virus installs a program to a computer system and infects popular internet browsers such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer, as an add-on, browser helper object (BHO), extension, plug-in, and/or toolbar. Also note, symptoms relating to protectedsearch.com malware may derive from third party browser attachments and removing such attachments may stop your browser from redirecting to protectedsearch.com and other unwanted websites, etc.
Protectedsearch.com changes default home pages, causing infected internet browsers to direct to protectedsearch.com, search.protectedsearch.com, start.protectedsearch.com, home.protectedsearch.com, and third party websites upon starting.
Protectedsearch.com changes the default search engine of infected internet browsers without permission, also known as the provided search engine, or managed search engine. This is what causes redirections to protectedsearch.com and other websites. Infected internet browsers primarily redirect to protectedsearch.com when the user is attempting to search the internet or direct to a specific website using the browser’s address bar, or omnibar.
Protectedsearch.com virus symptoms, including hijacked browser settings may be the sign of additional third party malware that may have introduced Protectedsearch.com to the browser and system or vice versa. Additional third party malware related to the Protected Search virus may include adware, spyware, and Trojans capable of destroying a computers complete functionality or observing browser and computer activity.
How To Remove ProtectedSearch.com & Third Party Malware
If ProtectedSearch.com has hijacked your internet browser, or your browser and computer system is showing signs of an infection, please use the instructions and alternative removal steps below to remove the ProtectedSearch.com virus and third party malware from your computer.
1. ProtectedSearch.com Removal Software
Instructions: 1. Install Malwarebytes 2. Update the software 3. Perform full scan (Image).
Malwarebytes will automatically detect and remove malware from your computer system once the scan is initiated.
If you do not wish to use software to remove ProtectedSearch.com, please refer to the instructions and tips below.
2. How To Uninstall ProtectedSearch.com (Windows)
ProtectedSearch.com may install a program to a computer system in order to attach an add-on, BHO, or extension to each browser installed onto the computer. Locate and remove this program before attempting to remove the browser attachment using the steps below.
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. Search for suspicious software in the list of installed programs, even search for a program titled ProtectedSearch.com. Double click the unwanted program to uninstall it, or highlight the program and click the Uninstall button.
Proceed to remove the browser attachment.
3. How To Remove ProtectedSearch.com Add-on And Extension
The instructions below detail where to locate and remove browser attachments for Firefox, Chrome, and Internet Explorer. Please note, ProtectedSearch.com primarily bundles with third party attachments such as CouponCompanion or FBPhotoZoom.
1. Click Tools and select Add-ons. (Ctrl+Shift+A)
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for ProtectedSearch.com and additional third party add-ons and remove them.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for ProtectedSearch.com and additional third party extensions. Remove the ProtectedSearch.com extension by clicking the trashcan icon adjacent to it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for ProtectedSearch.com and additional third party add-ons and remove them if located.
Alternative ProtectedSearch.com Removal Options & Tips:
If removing, uninstalling, or bypassing symptoms of malware associated with ProtectedSearch.com is difficult to remove, please refer to alternative removal options and tips below.
How To Remove ProtectedSearch.com Home Page
CCleaner ↔ Install
An alternative recommendation is to use a program such as CCleaner to repair all browser settings at once with productive accuracy.
1. Install CCleaner.
2. Navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
Manually Remove ProtectedSearch.com Home Page
In Google Chrome click the customize icon (wrench or 3 bars) and navigate to Settings. Click “Set pages” under the On startup option. Remove protectedsearch.com and replace with your preferred URL.
In Mozilla Firefox navigate to Tools > Options. Under the General tab remove protectedsearch.com from the “Home Page:” field and replace with your preferred home page.
In Microsoft Internet Explorer navigate to Tools >Internet Options. Remove protectedsearch.com from the Home Page field and replace with your preferred URL.
How To Remove ProtectedSearch.com Default Search Engine
CCleaner ↔ Install
1. Install CCleaner.
2. Navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
Manually Remove ProtectedSearch.com Default Search Engine
In Google Chrome, click the customize icon (wrench or 3 bars) and navigate to Settings > Manage search engines… click the X next to protectedsearch.com to remove it. If protectedsearch.com is set as the default search engine, add or select a new search engine, and highlight over it and click Make Default (as shown in the image), then delete protectedsearch.com by clicking the X.
In Mozilla Firefox, click the small search magnify glass near the search box (not url/search field) and click “Manage Search Engines…”. Remove protectedsearch.com from the list by highlighting the selection and clicking remove.
In Microsoft Internet Explorer navigate to Tools > Manage Add Ons and remove protectedsearch.com from the list.
A System Restore is an easy solution to restore an infected computer to a date and time before the computer was infected with ProtectedSearch.com. System Restores can be used to remove software that may have installed without consent.
- To learn more please visit: http://botcrawl.com/how-to-restore-microsoft-windows-vista-microsoft-windows-xp-and-microsoft-windows-7/
Hosts File (Block ProtecedSearch.com DNS IP Address)
If you chose to use Window’s hosts file, add the following IP addresses: