How To Remove The Privacy SafeGuard Virus – Uninstall Privacy SafeGuard Add-On Browser Hijacker Malware
What is Privacy SafeGuard (Privacy SafeGuard virus)?
Privacy SafeGuard (often referred to as the Privacy SafeGuard virus) is malware (as well as mass-distributed rogue software), categorized as a browser hijacker that bundles with adware and spyware platforms, including the Text Enhance virus in order to negatively affect computer systems and internet activity as well as generate revenue while doing so.
Privacy SafeGuard, or the Privacy SafeGuard virus attaches and installs onto browsers and computer systems without permission. Infected victims often notice third party affects of the Privacy SafeGuard virus such as pop-up advertisements and in-text advertisements (Text Enhance). Reports also indicate that Privacy SafeGuard will “randomly open a new tab or window in your browser and force you to view the page, even if you are using another program” and will redirect internet users through ssl.privacysafeguard websites to spam websites such as adultfriendfinder.com.
If you are infected with the Privacy SafeGuard virus, or if you have noticed the Privacy SafeGuard browser helper object (add-on, extension, toolbar) attached to your browser, your privacy, including personal data and computer functionality is at risk. Use the instructions provided in this article to remove the Privacy SafeGuard virus and uninstall the Privacy SafeGuard add-on, extension, and/or toolbar from your computer.
How does Privacy SafeGuard infect a computer, attach to a browser?
- Privacy SafeGuard can be contracted many different ways. There are several versions of Privacy SafeGuard and websites (www.privacysafeguard.com) that allow internet users to voluntarily install Privacy SafeGuard. Such websites that distribute Privacy SafeGuard make the claim below:
Privacy SafeGuard offers powerful protection against suspicious sites known to distribute unwanted software, trackers, and web beacons. We guard against known IPs and sites that steal and sell your information. Security you need against spyware, dialers and browser hijacking attempts through downloadable software are found with Privacy SafeGuard.
- Though Privacy SafeGuard claims it is used for good, analysis concludes that Privacy SafeGuard is malicious and considered rogue software.
The Privacy SafeGuard virus can be involuntarily contracted via freeware, shareware, torrents, websites hosting malware, third party browser helper objects, and more.
How to remove Privacy SafeGuard – Uninstall Privacy SafeGuard
Use the options below to detect and remove Privacy SafeGuard and third party malware.
In some scenerios, browser hijackers cause internet browsers to redirect to unwanted websites. If this is the case, please refer to the link below.
1. Anti-Malware Software (Detect And Remove Malware)
Malwarebytes is the absolute best software to detect and remove malware including adware, browser hijackers, and spyware.
It is strongly recommended to run a full system scan using the free or paid versions of Malwarebytes or other recommended software.
|Antivirus Software (MAC)||Purchase||Free Downloads|
|ESET||Buy ESET Antivirus||30 Day Trial|
|McAfee||Buy McAfee Antivirus||View All Products|
|MacPaw||Buy MacPaw Cleaner Mac|
|MacKeeper||Buy MacKeeper: 911|
2. System Restore (Troubleshooting)
Perform a system restore to an automatic restore point created by Windows each week and during system updates.
System Restores can remove installed programs and change altered settings to how they were on a previous date (without deleting media files) and even back to factory settings.
- Learn more and view complete System Restore instructions
- Learn more and view Windows 8 Refresh and Reset instructions
3. Uninstall Privacy SafeGuard (Window’s Uninstaller)
Browser hijackers often install an application or program onto a computer in order to properly accommodate their malicious strategy.
Use the directions below to completely uninstall Privacy SafeGuard and or other programs affecting your browser and system.
1. Access Window’s Start Menu and select Control Panel
2. Select Uninstall a program or Add and remove programs
3. Search for Privacy SafeGuard and other suspicious applications in the list of installed programs. Analyze suspicious titles and remove them if necessary by clicking the Uninstall button or double clicking the program on the list to remove them.
4. Remove Privacy SafeGuard (Add-ons, Extensions, & Toolbars)
Is is recommended to complete step 3 (if necessary).
The steps below show you how to remove Privacy SafeGuard and other Browser Helper Objects (BHOs) attached to each browser installed on your system.
Privacy SafeGuard may be titled Privacy SafeGuard 1.1
1. Click Tools and select Add-ons. (Ctrl+Shift+A)
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for Privacy SafeGuard and additional third party add-ons. Remove Privacy SafeGuard and any third party add-ons if located.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for Privacy SafeGuard and additional third party add-ons. Remove Privacy SafeGuard and any third party add-ons if located.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for Privacy SafeGuard and additional third party extensions. Remove the Privacy SafeGuard extension (and others) by clicking the trashcan icon adjacent to the add-on/extension/toolbar.
5. Clear Browser Data & Cookies (Suggestion)
You can delete your browser cache and cookie files in your browser’s preference or settings.