What is PricePeep (PricePeep Adware)?
PricePeep (PricePeep.net, Getpricepeep.com) is an adware platform categorized as a browser hijacker that can be voluntarily and, most notably involuntarily installed (without permission) to a computer system and browser.
PricePeep is advertised as an online shopping companion that displays pop-up advertisements or coupons of the “best prices” while searching the internet, but PricePeep is technically an online tool scammers and unethical third parties can use to generate revenue via pop-up spam and in-text advertising.
PricePeep can collect private information and browser data such as browser history, as well as bundle with third party malware, or manufacture a backdoor for sponsored third party adware and spyware platforms.
Users and victims of the PricePeep virus (as stated before) usually notice pop-up advertisements and underlined-text (in-text) adverts. These advertisements often state “click to continue by PricePeep” or “brought to you by PricePeep” somewhere alongside the pop-up or hyper-linked text.
If you are infected with PricePeep use the instructions provided in this article to completely remove and uninstall the browser hijacker to protect your computer functionality and personal information. If you are concerned about using the PricePeep program, possibly seeking a review, DO NOT download PricePeep.
1. Anti-Malware Software (Remove/Troubleshoot Malware)
Malwarebytes is the most recommended Antivirus – Anti-Malware software used to scan, detect, and remove malware including adware and browser hijackers.
2. System Restore (Remove/Troubleshoot Malware)
Perform a system restore to an automatic restore point created by Window’s each week or during system updates. This can be very helpful if you suspect a severe infection. This can also be used to remove the PricePeep adware program from your system. Note, Microsoft creates restore points when once a new program has been introduced to a system.
3. Uninstall PricePeep
Use the instructions below to uninstall PricePeep and third party programs that may have affected your system without your consent.
1. Access Window’s Start Menu and select Control Panel
2. Select Uninstall a program or Add and remove programs
3. Find PricePeep in the list of installed programs and double click it to properly uninstall the PricePeep program. (You may also highlight the PricePeep program and click Uninstall)
Once PricePeep is uninstall, make sure you have searched for additional third party programs that may also be infecting your system.
4. Remove PricePeep Add-on/Extension
Use the instructions below to remove PricePeep and third party add-ons and extensions that may have affected your system without your consent.
1. Click on the Wrench or 3 bar icon (customize and control icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Look for the PricePeep extension and remove it by clickcing the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Click Tools and select Add-ons. (Ctrl+Shift+A)
2. On the Extensions and Plugin tabs find the PricePeep extension and click remove.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tabs find PricePeep and remove it.
5. Clear Cache And Cookies
If you visited PricePeep websites such as pricepeep.net, getpricepeep.com, clicked third party links provided via PricePeep adware advertisements, or visited other suspicious websites it is recommended to delete your browser data.
PricePeep and related websites load cookie files onto computer system without direct permission. This allows them to collect, store, and track information such as browser activity and system information. You can remove your browser cache and cookie files in your browser’s preferences or settings options.