What is the Oyodomo virus (Oyodomo.com)?
The Oyodomo virus (Oyodomo.com redirect virus), is malware categorized as a browser hijacker that changes the home page, default search engine, and shortcut on popular internet browsers such as Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer in order to cause the browsers to redirect to oyodomo.com and start up on oyodomo.com, as well as cause a variety of other symptoms. Redirections to http://www.Oyodomo.com often occur when attempting to search the web using the browser’s address bar, or while attempting to manually visit a website.
The Oyodomo virus has been reported to closely associate with adware and spyware, and may cause unwanted pop-up advertisements to appear if the computer system is connected to the internet, as well as collect information such as browsing activity, history, and stored data.
The Oyodomo virus may also install as a standalone browser add-on and extension, along side third-party browser attachments, or bundled inside third-party attachments.
If you are infected with the Oyodomo virus, please use the free instructions provided in this article to completely remove Oyodomo malware and third-party parasites, and stop your internet browser from redirecting to oyodomo.com and other websites.
- Oyodomo.com content example (Site Status):
Domain Status: Configured Correctly The domain is setup and currently online. Please contact a system administrator for further information. Message: C-18744.2
How does Oyodomo infect a computer?
A Oyodomo redirection or symptoms of malware relating to the Oyodomo virus may be contracted by downloading compromised items such as freeware, shareware, torrents, codecs, and even common browser attachments such as add-ons, extensions, and toolbars.
Use the instructions below to automatically remove the Oyodomo or view common guidelines to Uninstall Oyodomo software and removal related third-party malware.
How to remove the Oyodomo virus
- Automatically remove the Oyodomo virus – Oyodomo Virus removal software and tools
- Manually remove Oyodomo – Uninstall Oyodomo, remove Oyodomo add-on/extension, and remove third-party malware
1. Automatic removal
Use the instructions below to automatically remove Oyodomo and third-party malware, as well as remove unwanted website from your start up settings.
1. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
2. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, make sure to do so.
3. On the first tab labeled “Scanner” select the Perform full scan option and click the Scan button to perform a full system scan. Malwarebytes will automatically detect Oyodomo and additional third-party malware infecting the computer system.
4. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes will prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer (the image below shows a file that is NOT selected).
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings, start-up settings, or uninstall pesky software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall stubborn software visit the Uninstall side tab and have at it!
2. Manual removal
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall Oyodomo using generic procedures. Also look out for third-party software and browser attachments that may also need to be removed to stop your browser from being affected by the Oyodomo virus.
How to uninstall Oyodomo malware
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs locate Oyodomo (Oyodomo Toolbar, and additional third party malware). To uninstall Oyodomo double click the program or highlight the unethical Toolbar in the list of programs and click the Uninstall button.
How to remove Oyodomo add-on/extension
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Locate the Oyodomo extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to them.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the Oyodomo add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the Oyodomo add-on and remove it if located.
How to remove www.oyodomo.com from your home page (Start up)
- In Mozilla Firefox navigate to Tools > Options or click Firefox in the top left corner and click Options > Options. Under the General tab remove oyodomo.com from the “Home Page:” field and replace it with your preferred home page URL.
- In Microsoft Internet Explorer navigate to Tools >Internet Options. Remove oyodomo.com from the Home Page field and replace it with your preferred URL.
- In Google Chrome click the customize icon (wrench or 3 bars) and navigate to Settings.Click “Set pages” under the On startup option. Remove oyodomo.com and replace it with your preferred URL.
How to remove http://www.oyodomo.com search engine (Redirect)
- In Mozilla Firefox, click the small search magnify glass near the search box (not url/search field) and click “Manage Search Engines…”. Remove the http://www.holasearch.com search engine from the list of search providers by highlighting the selections and clicking remove.
- In Microsoft Internet Explorer navigate to Tools > Manage Add Ons > Search Providers and remove the http://www.holasearch.com search engine from the list.
- In Google Chrome, click the customize icon (wrench or 3 bars) and navigate to Settings > Manage search engines… click the X next to http://www.holasearch.com to remove it as your search engine. If http://www.holasearch.com is set as the default search engine, add (or select) a new search engine (such as Google.com) and select the new search engine as the default search engine, then remove www.holasearch.com by clicking the X next to it.
How to uninstall the http://www.holasearch.com shortcut
- Find the shortcut of particular browsers (IE, Firefox, Chrome) in all locations of the computer, including but not limited to the desktop;
- Right click and find “Option”;
- Delete http://www.oyodomo.com in “Target” field of on the “Shortcut” tab.