How to remove Mandiant USA Cyber Security Ransomware (Virus Removal)
Mandiant U.S.A. Cyber Security virus
The Mandiant U.S.A. Cyber Security virus, otherwise referred to as the Mandiant virus (or Obama virus due to the use of images) is a form of dangerous malware categorized as ransomware that masquerades as Mandiant, the FBI, U.S.A. Cyber Crime Center, Department of Justice, and Interpol alike the FBI virus we discovered in 2012 and blocks access to the infected computer by displaying a full screen page that claims the computer was used in illegal cyber activity. The lock-screen page goes on to detail that the computer was involved in activity including the distribution of prohibited pornography, copyright content, and even malware due to computer negligence. Furthermore, the Mandiant USA Cyber Security virus screen states that the computer owner may see jail time (or face prosecution) if a penalty fine of $300 is not paid by use of Moneypak or MoneyGram credit services in an allotted amount of time (48 hours). *Paying the fine will NOT remove this virus. This computer virus is in no way associated with the government of The United States of America.
The allegations made on the fake Mandiant virus page should be ignored. You are not actually in trouble with the law. If so, the FBI and other governing departments would come to your house and arrest you… not block your computer. The distribution of child pornography and computer viruses are felony offenses where offenders face time in prison.
The details on the Mandiant USA Cyber Security virus lock-page are detailed below:
Mandiant U.S.A. Cyber Security FBI. Department of Defense U.S.A. Cyber Crime Center Interpol Attention! Your computer has been blocked up for safety reasons listed below. You are accused of viewing/storage and/or dissemination of banned pornography (child pornography/zoophilia/rape etc). You have violated World Declaration on non-proliferation of child pornography. You are accused of committing the crime envisaged by Article 161 of United States of America criminal law. Article 161 of United States Of America criminal law provides for the punishment of deprivation of liberty for terms from 5 to 11 years. Also, you are suspected of violation of "Copyright and Related rights Law" (downloading of pirated music, video, warez) and of use use and/or dissemination of copyrighted content. Thus, you are suspected of violation of Article 148 of United States of America Criminal Law. Article 148 of United States of America criminal law provides for the punishment of deprivation of liberty for terms from 3 to 7 years or 150 to 550 basic amounts fine. It was from your computer, that unauthorized access had been stolen to information of State importance and to data closed for public Internet access. The penalty set must be paid in course of 48 hours as of the breach. On expiration of the term, 48 hours that follow will be used for automatic collection of data on yourself and your misconduct, and criminal case will be opened against you. Amount of fine is 300$. You can settle the fine with MoneyPak or MoneyGram xpress Packet vouchers. As soon as the money arrives to the Treasury account, your computer will be unblocked in course of 24 hours. Then in 7 day term you should remedy the breaches associated with your computer. Otherwise your computer will be blocked up again and criminal case will be opened against yourself (with no option to pay fine).
The Mandiant USA Cyber Security virus is dangerous citing it’s relationship to cyber crimes involving credit theft, extortion, and identity theft. In many cases, even if the Mandiant USA Cyber Security virus screen has suspended, malicious files, trojans, and other malware may remain undetected. Certainly this cryptovirus should immediately be removed. Instructions to remove the Mandiant USA Cyber Security virus are detailed further below.
How does the Mandiant U.S.A. Cyber Security virus infect a computer?
This particular ransomware infection is primarily contracted via compromised websites (including legitimate websites, hacked websites, and drive-by-download sites), malicious advertisements, torrent downloads, and spam email attachments. The Mandiant USA Cyber Security virus first accesses a computer system with help or trojan horses (Urausy Trojan). Antivirus or Anti-Malware software with real-time protection often blocks these infections from occurring.
How to remove the Mandiant U.S.A. CS virus
- Removal software (Automatic removal) – Detect and remove ransomware
- System Restore – Restore PC to date and time before infection
- For Tech Support – Call 1-888-879-0084 and they will kindly assist you with removing this infection
1. Mandiant virus removal software
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Editor’s Choice
Latest versions: Malwarebytes Anti-Malware PRO, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free
Release date: 2013
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, open the Anti-Malware program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, please do so.
4. On the first tab labeled “Scanner” select the Perform full scan option and click the Scan button to perform a full system scan (pictured below).
5. Malwarebytes will automatically detect the Mandiant U.S.A. Cyber Security virus and third-party malware on your computer. Once the scan is complete, Malwarebytes will prompt a message stating malicious objects were detected. Select (check) the malicious objects in the list and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove Mandiant U.S.A. Cyber Security malware from your computer (The image below shows a file that is NOT selected for removal – ‘Make sure the box is checked in’).
2. System Restore
A System Restore is an easy solution to restore an infected computer to a date and time before it became infected with Mandiant U.S.A. ransomware. To learn more please select a link below.
Mandiant virus removal tips:
If removing the Mandiant virus and other forms of ransomware is difficult, there are several steps you can use to troubleshoot the removal process:
Ransomware often infects 1 user account on Windows systems at a time. Here are some tips to remove this virus using different user accounts.
- Log into an account not affected by malware (with administrative rights) and perform a scan with reputable software to detect and remove malware.
- You can also delete the infected account.
- Other options include creating a new user account to remove malware if only 1 Window’s user account is present on the computer system.
Some variants of ransomware use flash and symptoms of the infection can be halted by denying flash via Macromedia’s real-time options. To learn more and deny flash please visit: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/help09.html
Troubleshoot internet/network issues
Safe Mode With Networking can be used to access the Internet for updates, drivers, removal software, or other files if internet and network connectivity is compromised.