The Information Resources Manage Association virus (also known as the IRMA virus) is malware categorized as ransomware. The IRMA virus locks computer systems, restricts access to the infected computer system, fraudulently claims that the computer it has locked has been used in illegal online activity or cyber crime, and demands a fine in order to regain access.
The IRMA ransomware virus attempts to disguise itself as the legitimate Information Resources Management Association organization. IRMA is an international organization dedicated to advancing the research community by bringing together researchers, practitioners, academicians, and policy makers in information technology management. With members spanning over 50 countries worldwide, IRMA seeks to assist organizations and professionals in enhancing the overall knowledge and understanding of effective information resources management in the early 21st century and beyond.
1. We strongly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Download and install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
3. Open Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
4. Click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to scan your computer for IRMA malware and malicious files.
5. Once the scan is complete, click the Quarantine All button to remove the files and restart your computer.
If you are still having issues with malware it is recommended to download and install a second opinion scanner, such as HitmanPro by Surfright to eradicate existing malicious files.
Ransomware usually infects 1 user account on Windows systems at a time. Here are some tips to remove ransomware by using different user accounts.
- Log into an account not affected by malware (with administrative rights) and perform a scan with reputable software to detect and remove malware.
- You can also delete the infected account.
- Other options include creating a new user account to remove malware if only 1 Window’s user account is present on the computer system.
Safe Mode With Networking can be used to access the Internet for updates, drivers, removal software, or other files if internet and network connectivity is compromised.