What is The Firewall Of The United States virus (Computer Blocked)?
The Firewall of The United States virus is malware categorized as ransomware that blocks access to the computer system disguised as the United States Government (similar to the FBI virus) by prompting a full screen window that claims the computer contains illegally downloaded material (audio, videos or software), or is involved in various cyber criminal activities, and/or computer negligence, and suggest a release fee be paid in the amount of $200 USD using Green Dot Moneypak to unlock the infected computer system again. Please note, this is a computer virus, the computer user is not in any trouble with the United States government, and paying the release fee will not remove the The Firewall of The United States virus and additional malware.
Computers infected with The Firewall of The United States ransomware virus display a full screen or window claiming to be the United States government, which contains fraudulent claims meant to cause the perception of fear or urgency in order to persuade unsuspecting victims to pay the fee. Common alert messages, notifying the computer user that the computer has been blocked by the United States Government is noted below:
THE FIREWALL OF THE UNITED STATES
Your computer is blocked due to Americans by the US Government Firewall
ALL ACTIVITY OF THIS COMPUTER HAS BEEN RECOREDED
If you use a webcam, videos and pictures were saved for identification. You can be clearly identified by resolving your IP address and the associated hostname.
Unlock your computer:
To unlock your computer and to avoid other legal consequences, you are obligated to pay a release fee of 200$. Payable through GreenDot MoneyPack. AFter succesful payment, your computer will automatically unlock.
ILLEGALLY downloaded material (audio, videos or software has been located on your computer)
Furthermore, possession of produced, thereby material is punishable under Section 106 of Criminal Code.
To perform the payment, enter the acquired GreenDot MoneyPack code in the designated, etc.
THE FIREWALL OF THE UNITED STATES
This computer has been blocked to Americans by the US Government Firewall
Illegally downloaded material(audio, videos or software)has been located on your computer
By downloading, those were reproduced, thereby involving a criminal offence under Section 106 of Copyright Act.
The downloading of the copyrighted material via the Internet or music sharing networks is illegal and is in the accordance with Section 106 of the Copyright Act subject to a fine or imprisonment for a penalty of up to 3 years.
Furthermore, possession of illegally downloaded material is punishable under Section 184 paragraph 3 of the Criminal Code and may also lead to the confiscation of the computer, with which the files were downloaded.
To perform the payment, enter the acquired GreenDot MoneyPack code in the designated payment field and press the “OK” button.
The Firewall of The United States Dangers & Symptoms
- Ransomware is a form of severe malware and can often lead to a series of unwanted activities involving the invasion of privacy and extortion. Ransomware such as The Firewall of The United States virus and additional Trojans often utilize keyloggers and other tactics to collect minuscule and sensitive information used in relation to adware and spyware installs, credit theft, identity theft, and other forms of severe criminal activities.
- It is often reported that a computer infected with ransomware relating to The Firewall of The United States virus may be included in future phishing attempts, particularly by telephone, where the malicious phone caller may use personal collected information about the computer owner’s life. This suggest that online accounts may have been accessed without detection including social media accounts like Fakebook and personal accounts that have been accessed online, including bank accounts and business networks.
- Criminals behind the The Firewall of The United States virus have the ability to take complete remote control of an infected computer system.
- The Firewall of The United States virus can cause internet access and network connections to malfunction.
- The Firewall of The United States virus may interrupt the performance of legitimate Antivirus and Anti-Malware software, including other tools used to remove the fake Firewall of The United States virus.
- The Firewall of The United States ransomware virus can completely destroy a computers functionality.
How does The Firewall of The United States infect a computer?
The Firewall of The United States virus infects computers via generic and ransom-lock Trojans that accommodate the infection and allow the progression of the ransomware to play out.
The The Firewall of The United States virus may have been contracted via websites that distribute corrupt software or host malware, including legitimate but compromised websites. In most cases the The Firewall of The United States virus has been contracted via adult websites, gambling websites, gaming portals, and unethical software distribution sites.
How to remove The Firewall of The United States virus
- The Firewall of The United States virus Removal Software And Tools - Scan for and remove malware
- System Restore - Restore computer to a date before infection
1. The Firewall of The United States virus Removal Software and Tools
The most recommended software to remove ransomware including The Firewall of The United States virus is Malwarebytes.
2. Update Malwarebytes and run a Full System Scan by filling in the the Perform full scan radio option and clicking the Scan button.
- To view other reputable software capable of removing ransomware and similar malware please visit: http://botcrawl.com/antivirus-and-anti-malware-software/
2. System Restore
A System Restore is an easy solution to restore an infected computer to a date and time before issues. Window’s automatically creates new restore points each week and after updates and new software installs.
The Firewall of The United States virus Removal Tips (Troubleshoot)
There are a few steps that may help bypass the ransomware infection or cause it to improperly perform as it was intended to.
- Log In As A Different User - Login to Windows as a different user with administrative rights and perform a scan with reputable software or delete the infected account.
- Deny Flash - Some ransomware, such as The Firewall of The United States virus use flash and can be suspended by denying flash using Macromedia’s real-time options. To learn more please visit: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/help09.html
Internet Connectivity Issues
Safe Mode With Networking can be used to access the Internet for updates, drivers, removal software, or other files if internet and network connectivity is compromised.