How To Remove The FBI PayPal Virus – FBI PayPal Ransomware
What is the FBI PayPal virus (ransomware)?
The FBI PayPal virus is a term for extremeley invasive malware we potentially discovered (botcrawl.com) though there are no repots of any infections, categorized as ransomware alike the FBI virus, that blocks access to an infected computer system, displays a full screen claiming to be from the FBI or other institution, claims the computer user violated the law (copyright laws, illegal pornography, computer negligence and demands a fine of $100 – $500 using PayPal services. The actual notice from the FBI PayPal virus is not from the FBI and the computer user is NOT IN TROUBLE with the FBI or any instituion. Keep in mind that citizens of the United States are given due process, the FBI will not hijack a computer system and demand a fine to pay for illegal activities. For instance if you are distributing illegal child pornograhpy, the FBI will arrest you, charge you in federal court, and keep you in jail for a long time opposed to locking your computer system and demanding fines via PayPal. *DO NOT PAY THE FINE! The FBI and PayPal.com are in no way associated with the FBI PayPal virus.
The FBI PayPal virus is a very dangerous computer virus, or crypto-virus that utilizes trojan horses to access a computer system and perform certain tasks. If your computer is infected with the FBI PayPal virus, the infection may have complete access and control of your computer system, and may even remain undetected in the background and collect sensitive information from the computer. Aside from locking a computer owner out of their computer, the FBI PayPal virus can also cause a computer to lose complete functionality.
Furthermore, victims of ransomware and similar scareware and spyware may fall victim to severe forms of cyber crimes and notice an influx of suspicious occurrences, including phishing attempts via telephone, in which the caller attempts to gain trust in their victims by using information gathered from their computers (such as family member details, home address, credit information, and more). Callers and scam artists may attempt to claim that they are a family member and need money sent to them, that they are Microsoft technicians and received a report about the victims computer, or scam artists concerning the FBI PayPal virus may orchestrate other schemes that may seem realistic to the individuals life.
- If you paid the FBI PayPal malware fine using your PayPal account, immediatly contact PayPal.com support to discuss your options, as well as dispute payments.
- To remove the FBI PayPal virus and other forms of ransomware please use our free FBI PayPal malware removal instructions below.
How to remove the FBI PayPal virus
- FBI PayPal virus removal software (Automatic removal) – Scan for and remove FBI PayPal virus
- System Restore/Refresh – Restore PC to date and time before ransomware infection
1. FBI PayPal virus removal software
1. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
2. Once Malwarebytes is installed, open the Anti-Malware program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, please do so.
3. On the first tab labeled “Scanner” select the Perform full scan option and click the Scan button to perform a full system scan (pictured below).
4. Malwarebytes will automatically detect malware on your computer. Once the scan is complete, Malwarebytes will prompt a message stating malicious objects were detected. Select (check) the malicious objects in the list and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove malware from your computer.
2. System Restore/Refresh
A System Restore is an easy solution to restore an infected computer to a date and time before it became infected with the FBI PayPal ransomware. To learn more about removing FBI PayPal ransomware by restoring and refreshing Windows Operating Systems “up to Windows 8” please select a link below.