How to remove EType (Virus Removal Guide)
|Names||EType, EType virus|
|Detection Categories||Adware, Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP)|
|Symptoms||Advertisements in the web browser
Browser redirects to sponsored webpages
Decreased internet speed and performance
Decreased computer functionality and performance
Bundles with malware and other potentially unwanted programs
|Permissions||Read and change all your data on the websites you visit
Communicate with cooperating websites
Change your search settings to: search.EType.com
|Distribution Method||EType and other objects that can cause your browser to redirect to search.EType.com are usually promoted in advertisements on media and torrenting websites. The user might be tricked into accepting the download under the guise of a program update or something that it is not.|
How to remove EType (Removal Instructions)
These EType removal instructions will help you completely remove EType, viruses, malware, and other threats from your computer.
- Manually remove EType extension
- Scan your computer for malware with Malwarebytes
- Scan your computer a second time with HitmanPro
- Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner
Remove EType extension
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the EType extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the EType add-on and click Remove.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Go to Tools (Alt+X) and click Manage add-ons.
2. Search for the EType add-on in the list, select it with your mouse, and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the EType extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
Scan your computer for malware with Malwarebytes
2. Open Malwarebytes and click the Scan Now button or go to the Scan tab and click the Start Scan button.
3. When the Malwarebytes scan is complete click the Remove Selected button.
4. To finish the Malwarebytes scan and remove detected threats click the Finish button and restart your computer if promoted to do so.
Scan your computer a second time with HitmanPro
2. Open HitmanPro and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may chose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
3. When the HitmanPro scan is complete click the Next button.
4. To activate the free version of HitmanPro: enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
5. Click the Reboot button.
Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner
2. Open CCleaner and go to the main Cleaner screen. Click the Analyze button. When the process is complete, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Go to Tools > Startup and search for suspicious entries in each tab starting from Windows all the way to Content Menu. If you find anything suspicious click it and click the Delete button to remove it.
4. Go to the Registry window and click the Scan for Issues button. When the scan is complete click the Fix selected issues… button and click Fix All Selected Issues.