What is Easy Life App (EasyLife App, Search.easylifeapp.com)?
The Easy Life application, referred to as EasyLifeApp, the Easy Life virus, Easylife malware, and the Search.easylifeapp.com redirection virus, is essentially unwanted malware, categorized as adware, or Offerware by Malwarebytes Ant-Malware that is used as a Gadget or Widget for Window’s desktop and can be installed from
easylifeapp.com and a variety of websites, as well as alongside third-party software and browser attachments. The Easy Life virus, or EasyLifeApp virus has been reported to “infect” computer users without consent, often installing their Desktop Gadget box to the computer system, alongside a browser attachment (add-on, extension, toolbar, plugin), or third-party browser hijacker that is used to change existing internet browser settings.
Easy Life often changes the home page and default search engine of internet browsers installed to the computer using the Easylifeapp Gadget box. This causes internet browsers to startup on search.easylifeapp.com and redirect to search.easylifeapp.com, as well as other webpages.
Search.easylifeapp.com attempts to appear like Google in order to trick unsuspecting users to initiate a search without worry. It has been reported that search results displayed by search.easylifeapp.com may contain links to malicious and/or suspicious websites, with a history of hosting malware, and or participating in unethical tactics.
Is Easy Life App safe to use?
Easylifeapp, otherwise known as Easy Life App is not safe to use according to various security experts. Furthermore, Easy Life’s gadget box is considered Offerware by Malwarebytes.
How to remove Easy Life App Malware – Easylifeapp Virus
- Uninstall Easy Life App (Manual/Automatic Removal Instructions)
- Additional Easy Life Malware Removal Tips
1. Uninstall Easy Life App (Manual/Automatic Instructions)
Use the 2 separate instructions below to uninstall Easy Life App, associated malware, and Easy Life gadget.
How to uninstall Easy Life App using Window’s Uninstaller
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs, search for Easy Life app and suspicious third party software. To uninstall the unwanted software double click the programs icon, or highlight the program in the list and click Uninstall.
Please note, Easy Life is not likely in the list of installed programs and may be removed using the instructions below, followed by performing a full system scan using reputable software.
How to uninstall the EasyLife App Gadget box
1. Right click on Window’s desktop and select Gadgets.
2. You will notice an icon that says EasyLife along with other default and personal gadgets.
3. Right click on the EasyLife icon and click Uninstall.
4. A message may prompt asking do you want to uninstall EasyLife, click Uninstall.
5. After removal of the EasyLife app is complete using the steps above, it is suggested to perform a full system scan using Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software (free or paid versions) in order completely remove the EasyLife app virus.
2. Alternative Search.EasyLifeApp.com Removal Options & Tips:
The alternative methods below can be used to block and remove or treat annoying symptoms the Easy Life virus and related malware.
A System Restore is an easy solution to restore an infected computer to a date and time before it stared having issues. A System Restore can be used to remove software that may have installed without consent, including adware serving platforms, browser helper objects, and Window’s gadgets.
Hosts File (Advanced)
Remove Search.EasyLifeApp.com From Home Page
Use the instructions below to remove Search.EasyLifeApp.com from your home page.
CCleaner ↔ Install
An alternative recommendation is to use a program such as CCleaner to repair all browser settings at once with productive accuracy.
1. Install CCleaner.
2. Navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
How To Manually Remove Search.EasyLifeApp.com From Home Page
In Mozilla Firefox navigate to Tools > Options or click Firefox in the top left corner and click Options > Options. Under the General tab, remove Search.EasyLifeApp.com from the “Home Page:” field and replace it with your preferred home page such as Google.com.
In Microsoft Internet Explorer navigate to Tools >Internet Options. Remove Search.EasyLifeApp.com from the Home Page field and replace it with your preferred URL.
In Google Chrome click the customize icon (wrench or 3 bars) and navigate to Settings. Click “Set pages” under the On startup option. Remove Search.EasyLifeApp.com and replace it with your preferred URL.
Remove Search.EasyLifeApp.com Search Engine
Use the instructions below to stop your internet browser from redirecting to Search.EasyLifeApp.com and other websites.
CCleaner ↔ Install
1. Install CCleaner.
2. Navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
How To Manually Remove Search.EasyLifeApp.com Search Engine
In Mozilla Firefox, click the small search magnify glass near the search box (not url/search field) and click “Manage Search Engines…”. Remove Search.EasyLifeApp.com from the list of search providers by highlighting the selections and clicking remove.
In Microsoft Internet Explorer navigate to Tools > Manage Add Ons > Search Providers and remove the unwanted Search.EasyLifeApp.com search engine from the list.
In Google Chrome, click the customize icon (wrench or 3 bars) and navigate to Settings > Manage search engines… click the X next to Search.EasyLifeApp.com to remove it as your search engine. If Search.EasyLifeApp.com is set as the default search engine add or select a new search engine and select the new search engine as the default search engine, then remove Search.EasyLifeApp.com.
Remove Unwanted Browser Attachments
In many instances, browser hijackers are present on a computer system. Use the instructions below to search your internet browsers for potentially unwanted attachments affecting your system and browsing performance.
1. Click Tools and select Add-ons (Ctrl+Shift+A) or click Firefox in the top left corner and select Add-ons.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for additional third party add-ons and remove them.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for additional third party add-ons and remove them.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for additional third party extensions. Remove the extensions by clicking the trashcan icon adjacent to the add-on/extension/toolbar.