DiamonData (Diamond Data Deals)
The DiamonData virus (also found as Diamond Data virus; though not technically a computer virus) is malware categorized as adware and a browser hijacker that primarily infects a computer system and attaches to popular Internet Browsers including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer as a browser add-on, browser helper object, and extension without user consent. Once installed DiamonData malware displays unwanted advertisements that can be identified by text that say DiamonData Ads, DiamonData Deals, and more.
Unwanted DiamonData advertisements appear in many forms such as pop-up advertisements, pop-under advertisements, banners, coupons, in-text advertisements, and more. Most of the time the adware program will attempt to display coupons for searched items or deals for currently viewed online products. Diamondeal may also illegally appear on a variety of websites without owner consent. Once a program that is used to display these unwanted advertisements is installed it may begin to change Microsoft Windows start-up settings and internet browser settings. Furthermore unwanted applications used to promote DiamonData may intrude user privacy and ruin a computer’s functionality and internet browsing experience (browser redirections, homepage hijack).
DiamonData malware and third-party items have also been reported to collect and distribute user information to third-parties. Some users have reported an increase in email spam received, junk mail, and have even complained of unwanted telephone calls from telemarketers.
- Some DiamonData and related third-party ads have been reported to contain or promote malicious or questionable content.
How does DiamonData malware get onto a computer?
DiamonData primarily bundles with third-party items including freeware and shareware. In some cases users are given the opportunity to accept or decline an offer to install DiamonData and other items with wanted items; however, the request to decline the offer is often ignored or presented in a colluding manner.
How to remove DiamonData malware
- Automatically remove DiamonData – Scan for and automatically remove DiamonData and third-party malware
- Manually remove DiamonData – Remove/Uninstall DiamonData software and third-party malware (if necessary)
1. Automatic DiamonData virus removal
Use the instructions below to automatically remove DiamonData adware and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
1. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
2. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, make sure to do so.
3. On the first tab labeled “Scanner” select the Perform full scan option and click the Scan button to perform a full system scan. Malwarebytes will automatically detect malware infecting the computer system.
4. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer (the image below shows a file that is NOT selected) or click the Delete button to remove quarantined files.
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall DiamonData adware and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall DiamonData (DiamonData 3.0.0) and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for DiamonData, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manual DiamonData virus removal
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall DiamonData adware and third-party software using Microsoft Windows removal procedures.
How to uninstall DiamonData adware
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for DiamonData (DiamonData 3.0.0) and other potentially unwanted software. Once DiamonData malware is located, double click the unwanted program(s) or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button.
How to remove DiamonData add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions to remove DiamonData Toolbar add-ons, extensions, plug-ins, and toolbars. Please note, it may be necessary to remove multiple third-party items.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the DiamonData extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to them.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the DiamonData add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the DiamonData add-on and remove it if located.