How to remove the CryptoLocker virus – Encryption virus removal Instructions
CryptoLocker viruses (Encryption viruses)
CryptoLocker viruses are aggressive computer infections that are classified as malware in the ransomware category. The CryptoLocker virus blocks access to a Microsoft Windows PC or gives the user only limited access to the computer system (often claiming Warning! Access to your computer is limited), encrypts files (or claims to encrypt files), and demands a penalty fine in order to unlock the computer system and restore a backup of encrypted files by obtaining a RSA key (etc) and paying a fine (ransom) of $500, $1000, $1500, or more. Furthermore the CryptoLocker virus may produce fraudulent claims and reasons for locking the computer system and encrypting files, often stating that the computer contains child pornography, similar to tactics used by the FBI virus.
Once infected with a CryptoLocker virus a screen or window may appear that appears to be from the malware author or distributor. The message is detailed below (typos and all):
Have you already see that your files are encrypted and desktop locked? Please don't panic and send us angry emails or scare us to send claims in police, fbi or others - this is useless. Please read this instruction carefully, then you will get answers to most of your questions. We don't answer questions which already was answered in this instructions. Do not waste our and your time. Stupid question like - "I have backup and need only 1-2 files and can pay you only 500, 1000, 1500$ USD etc, We have a small business, this amount is too high" - will be ignored. Have a backup - restore your files from it. We know that in most cases this is lie, you have no backups and just trying to truck us to get discounts and pay less amount. Our minimal price for your files is 500$ USD. We do don't get passwords for free or for 500, 1000, 1500$ USD etc. We know that you have money.
As you can see the message and content sent by the malware author is fraudulent. Though the author may indeed have a backup of your computer, it is not common. Paying the fine will not remove this CryptoLocker lock-screen, nor assist you in retrieving lost data and files.
The CryptoLocker virus is dangerous for reasons concerning cyber crimes relating to credit theft, extortion, and identity theft. If this computer infection has taken control of your computer system, please use the free removal instructions below to remove CryptoLocker malware from your computer.
How does CryptoLocker get onto a computer?
CryptoLocker viruses can be contracted via freeware, shareware, codecs, suspicious advertisements, email spam, and torrents. A user reported to have contracted the CryptoLocker computer infection by clicking a banner advertisements at the top of a legitimate website stating that the viewer was the 1,000,000th visitor.
Real-time protection may help prevent becoming infected with the CryptoLocker virus and similar forms of dangerous malware.
How to remove the CryptoLocker virus
- CryptoLocker removal software (Automatic removal) – Detect and remove CryptoLocker ransomware
- System Restore – Restore PC to date and time before the CryptoLocker malware infection
- For Tech Support – Call 1-888-879-0084 and they will kindly assist you with removing this infection
1. CryptoLocker virus removal software
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Editor’s Choice
Latest versions: Malwarebytes Anti-Malware PRO, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free
Release date: 2013
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, open the Anti-Malware program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, please do so.
4. On the first tab labeled “Scanner” select the Perform full scan option and click the Scan button to perform a full system scan (pictured below).
5. Malwarebytes will automatically detect the CryptoLocker virus and third-party malware on your computer. Once the scan is complete, Malwarebytes will prompt a message stating malicious objects were detected. Select (check) the malicious objects in the list and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the fake CryptoLocker malware from your computer (The image below shows a file that is NOT selected for removal – ‘Make sure the box is checked in’).
2. System Restore
A System Restore is an easy solution to restore an infected computer to a date and time before it became infected with the CryptoLocker computer virus. To learn more please select a link below:
CryptoLocker virus removal tips:
If the CryptoLocker virus is difficult to remove there are several steps you can use to troubleshoot the removal process:
Ransomware often infects 1 user account on Windows systems at a time. Here are some tips to remove ransomware by using different user accounts.
- Log into an account not affected by malware (with administrative rights) and perform a scan with reputable software to detect and remove malware.
- You can also delete the infected account.
- Other options include creating a new user account to remove malware if only 1 Window’s user account is present on the computer system.
Some variants of ransomware use flash and symptoms of the infection can be halted by denying flash via Macromedia’s real-time options. To learn more and deny flash please visit: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/help09.html
Troubleshoot internet/network issues
Safe Mode With Networking can be used to access the Internet for updates, drivers, removal software, or other files if internet and network connectivity is compromised.