How To Remove The Coupon Caddy Virus – CouponCaddy Malware Removal (Adware)
What is Coupon Caddy adware (CouponCaddy)?
Coupon Caddy is malware categorized as adware and is often referred to as the Coupon Caddy virus, CouponCaddy virus, Coupon Caddy browser hijacker, and other terms. The Coupon Caddy virus utilizes browser hijackers, including third-party browser add-ons, extensions, and toolbars to display pop up advertisements that promote suspicious coupons and deals while browsing the internet. Just like other forms of adware, it has been reported that removing a third-party browser add-on or extension has also removed Coupon Caddy advertisements, or stopped CouponCaddy ads from popping up.
Coupon Caddy advertisements are often green, or use grass as a background image, that may include a red Coupon Caddy logo, and buttons labeled Settings and What is This that may direct to the Coupon Caddy website coupon-caddy.com. The Coupon Caddy website may attempt to get users to “opt out” of using Coupon Caddy adware. Please note, it is strongly recommended to avoid opting out of any advertising serving platform.
Furthermore the Coupon Caddy virus may display advertisements and coupons as a drop down tab on the top right of the internet browser window. The tab often states Coupon Caddy has found a certain amount of coupons and deals for the internet user.
How does Coupon Caddy adware infect a computer (CouponCaddy)?
The Coupon Caddy add-on and extension can be manually and voluntarily downloaded and installed from a variety of websites including couponcaddy.net. CouponCaddy malware also bundles with third-party software and files including freeware, shareware, torrents and codecs that may allow users to opt in and out of installing CouponCaddy malware.
Coupon Caddy has also been reported to infect a computer system and attach to internet browsers Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer without consent of the computer user.
Please use the Coupon Caddy removal instructions below to remove Coupon Caddy and third-party malware.
How to remove Coupon Caddy virus (Adware)
- Automatic removal (Removal software, Cleaner)
- Manual removal and repair (Manually remove Deal Spy adware)
1. Automatic removal (Coupon Caddy)
Use the instructions below to automatically remove Coupon Caddy adware and repair internet browser settings if needed.
1. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
2. Once Malwarebytes is installed, please open the program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, please do so.
3. On the first tab labeled “Scanner” select the Perform full scan option and click the Scan button to perform a full system scan. Malwarebytes will automatically detect malware infecting the computer system.
4. Once the scan is over, Malwarebytes will prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer (the image below shows a file that is NOT selected).
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings, start-up settings, or uninstall a stubborn Coupon Caddy adware program.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall Coupon Caddy and third-party malware, navigate to the Uninstall tab.
2. Manual removal (Coupon Caddy)
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall Deal Spy adware and remove the Deal Spy add-on and extension using generic procedures.
How to uninstall Coupon Caddy (Windows Uninstaller)
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs, search for Coupon Caddy and suspicious third-party software. To uninstall Coupon Caddy double click the program icon, or highlight Coupon Caddy in the list and click the Uninstall button.
How to remove Coupon Caddy browser hijacker
The Coupon Caddy browser attachment may install as a standalone browser add-on and extension, alongside third-party browser attachments, or bundled inside third-party browser attachments. In some cases a third-party add-on and extension must be removed to stop Coupon Caddy advertisements from appearing.
It is suggested to Uninstall any unwanted programs and browser helper objects using Window’s Uninstaller or CCleaner prior to removing the browser attachment.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Locate the Coupon Caddy extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to them.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the Coupon Caddy add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the Coupon Caddy add-on and remove it if located.