What is The Click Check virus (Theclickcheck.com Malware)?
The Click Check virus is a cyber infection categorized as a browser hijacker. The Click Check virus is capable of infecting most internet browsers including Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer and often causes infected browsers to redirect to theclickcheck.com website.
When redirected to theclickcheck.com, victims will be prompted by a cyber interface that may appear as if it is trying to “serve you better”. Theclickcheck.com website content is detailed below:
We want to serve you better. Please assist us in improving our service by confirming the following:
What site referred you here?
What letters appear above?
Completing the information on The Click Check website can be very dangerous. A very common tactic for adware and spyware platforms is to trick unsuspecting internet users into clicking links or opting into a service without permission. – Filling out the information and clicking continue may install cookies that can track internet activity, as well as download malware onto a computer system. DO NOT fill out the information on theclickcheck.com.
How can The Click Check virus be contracted?
The Click Check virus can infect a computer via freeware, shareware, torrents, and media codecs, aswell as alongside third party browser hijackers.
- A similar infection titled Scorecard Research is commonly contracted via downloading torrents.
How to remove The Click Check virus
Use the steps below to detect malware affecting your system in order to remove The Click Check virus.
If your internet browser is redirecting to unwanted websites during while using the browser address bar to search or visit a specific URL, please visit previous articles on how to repair your Home Page and Provided Search Engine.
If The Click Check virus is causing pop-up advertisements or in-text style advertisements the instructions provided on this page can help you remove malware affecting your computer. If you would like to read about similar adware infections and how to remove them, please refer to a few of our previous articles.
1. Antivirus & Anti-Malware Software (Detect And Remove Malware)
Malwarebytes is the absolute best software to detect and remove malware including adware, browser hijackers, and spyware.
It is strongly recommended to run a full system scan using the free or paid versions of Malwarebytes or other recommended software.
|Malwarebytes||Buy Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, Free Version|
|AVG Antivirus||Buy AVG Antivirus, Free Version|
|Symantec Norton||Buy Norton Antivirus|
2. System Restore (Optional Troubleshooting)
Perform a system restore to an automatic restore point created by Windows each week and during system updates. This will allow you to restore your computer to a date and time before your computer was infected with malware.
- Learn more and view complete System Restore instructions
- Learn more and view Windows 8 Refresh and Reset instructions
3. Uninstall Malicious Program (Window’s Uninstaller)
Browser hijackers and related malware often install an application or program onto a computer in order to properly accommodate their platform’s strategy.
Use the directions below to search for and uninstall The Click Check (if necessary) any program that may have infected your computer alongside The Click Check.
1. Access Window’s Start Menu and select Control Panel
2. Select Uninstall a program or Add and remove programs
3. Search for suspicious titles in the list of installed programs. Examine the suspicious titles and remove them if necessary by clicking the Uninstall button or double clicking the program on the list to remove it.
4. Remove Malicious Browser Helper Objects (Add-ons, Extensions, & Toolbars)
The Click Check virus is often accompanied by a third party Browser Helper Object (BHO) such a browser add-on, extension, Toolbar, and sometimes plugin.
Use the instructions below to easily search for any malicious BHOs and remove them if necessary.
1. Click Tools and select Add-ons. (Ctrl+Shift+A)
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for The Click Check and additional third party add-ons. Remove The Click Check and any malicious third party add-ons if located.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for The Click Check and additional third party add-ons. Remove The Click Check and any malicious third party add-ons if located.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for The Click Check and additional third party extensions. Remove the The Click Check extension (and other malicious extensions) by clicking the trashcan icon adjacent to the add-on/extension/toolbar.
BHO Removal Tip:
If you are having trouble removing a specific toolbar attached to your internet browser please refer to a previous article regaring the legitimate Alexa Toolbar.
5. Delete Cookie Files (Clear Browser Data)
If you visited theclickcheck.com and/or suspicious websites it is strongly recommended to delete your browser data to protect your privacy against invading files. You can delete your browser cache and cookie files in your browser’s preference or settings.