How To Remove Arcade Safari Virus – Arcade Safari Malware Removal Instructions
What is Arcade Safari (Arcadesafari.com)?
Arcade Safari, commonly referred to as the Arcade Safari virus or Arcade Safari spyware, is a potentially unwanted program (PUP) that installs to a computer without consent or malware, categorized as a browser hijacker and adware, that changes internet browser settings without permission, including the home page, default search engine, and browser shortcut, as well as displays unwanted in-text advertisements such as Text Enhance and unwanted pop-up advertisements. By doing so, the Arcade Safari virus causes Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer to redirect to and start up on unwanted websites.
Like most websites that offer free games (freeware) or free game clients, in order to generate a revenue stream for providing free products, arcadesafari.com utlizes unethical marketing techniques that over-all targets and entraps unsuspecting victims to terms they would never agree with if presented with properly. Furthermore, Arcade Safari is reported to engage in social engineering in order to appear as a legitimate website that provides free games. Though the domain http://www.arcadesafari.com does provide free games, as previously discussed, download games from Arcade Safari will entrap computer users to unethical terms.
Arcade Safari is reported to install as a browser attachment without authorization, titled the Arcade Safari addon, Arcade Safari extension, or Arcade Safari toolbar. Removing the Arcade Safari browser attachment has often stopped unwanted advertisements from appearing.
Arcade Safari malware may also present itself as a Facebook add-on for free games. If Arcade Safari is used as a Facebook app, Arcade Safari will misuse the used Facebook account. Arcade Safari may post spam links on the users behalf.
Is Arcadesafari.com safe?
Though Arcadesafari.com is a very popular website and many users have used their products without issue, including free streaming games that do not require to be downloaded, Arcadesafari.com is not safe for reasons concerning cyber criminal activity, social engineering, entrapment, and the invasion of privacy.
It is suggested to avoid downlading Arcade Safari and Arcade Safari games.
Arcade Safari virus symptoms:
- Arcade Safari may install as a browser helper object, add-on, extension, and toolbar without consent or may entrap victims to manually install Arcade Safari Toolbar, etc.
- Arcade Safari changes internet browser settings, including homepages, default search engines, and browser shortcuts, in turn causing unwanted browser redirections.
- Arcade Safari may be the effect of third-party malware, including additional browser hijackers, such as Certified Toolbar.
- Arcade Safari is associated with in-text advertising and removing the Arcade Safari addon or Arcade Safari extension will stop unwanted ads from appearing.
- Arcade Safari may hijack Facebook user account settings and misuse user accounts.
To remove the Arcade Safari virus and third party malware infecting your computer system, or uninstall Arcade Safari if the program is difficult to remove, please use the free Arcade Safari malware removal instructions below.
How to remove Arcade Safari malware
- Automatically remove Arcade Safari malware - Scan for and automatically remove Arcade Safari malware
- Manually remove Arcade Safari malware - Remove/Uninstall Arcade Safari and third-party malware
1. Automatic Arcade Safari removal
Use the instructions below to automatically remove Arcade Safari and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your home page, default search engine, browser shortcut, and other hijacked settings using free or paid versions of software.
1. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
2. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, make sure to do so.
3. On the first tab labeled “Scanner” select the Perform full scan option and click the Scan button to perform a full system scan. Malwarebytes will automatically detect malware infecting the computer system.
4. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer (the image below shows a file that is NOT selected) or click the Delete button to remove quarantined files.
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall stubborn Arcade Safari software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall Arcade Safari and unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for Arcade Safari, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the programs as selected.
2. Manual Arcade Safari removal
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall Arcade Safari using generic removal procedures.
How to uninstall Arcade Safari malware
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs, search for Arcade Safari and other potentially unwanted software. Once located, double click the unwanted programs or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button.
How to remove the Arcade Safari add-on and extension
Use the instructions to remove Arcade Safari add-ons, extensions, plugins, and toolbars.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Arcade Safari extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to them.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the Arcade Safari add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the Arcade Safari add-on and remove it if located.