How To Remove The Answers.Nixxie.com Redirection Virus And Nixxie Hijacker
What is the Answers.Nixxie.com redirection virus?
Answers.Nixxie.com is a redirection viruses caused voluntarily or without consent by utilizing browser hijackers. Answers.Nixxie.com changes internet settings on infected browsers to accommodate Nixxie.com by gaining more unique traffic and promoting click troughs to potentially malicious links and webpages. By doing so, Answers.Nixxie.com changes Home Page and Provided Search Engine (managed search, internal browser search) settings causing internet browsers to direct to Answers.Nixxie.com upon start up and internet searches and URLs typed into the address bar to redirect to Answers.Nixxie.com and other Nixxie.com based webpages.
Answers.Nixxie.com is essentially designed to appear as a Q & A website, that allows users to ask and answer questions, though at time of typing this article, every question asked on Answers.Nixxie.com is from exactly 4 months ago. To add more to the suspicious website, most question repeat but “scrape” each other meaning the ask the same question in several different ways.
Victims of an Answers.Nixxie.com infection often state that they notice pop-up alert style messages and advertisements that promote click through and can contain malicious links, promoting the infection of third party malware, viruses, and Trojans.
Why is my Home Page Answers.Nixxie.com?
If your browser’s home page changed to Answers.Nixxie.com without your consent you are infected with browser hijacker malware, other malware, viruses, and/or Trojans. Answers.Nixxie.com and similar websites are referred to as internet browser hijackers because these malicious sites hijack home page settings to accommodate their sponsors (which can include malware distributors) and themselves (through sponsored links).
Why are internet searches and URLs redirecting to Answers.Nixxie.com?
If internet searches and URLs, or basically anything typed into the browser’s address bar are redirecting to Answers.Nixxie.com you are indeed infected with a browser hijacker and most likely third party malware, viruses, and/or Trojans. A browser redirect is usually the first sign of an infection from mild to severe.
The Nixxie redirection virus may have been contracted while visiting websites hosting malware, falling victim to phishing techniques such as spam mail, and “hacked” Facebook post links may contain links to install browser hijackers and other malware, viruses, and Trojans. Use the removal instructions below to remove Answers.Nixxie.com from maliciously affecting your computer, personal life, family, and internet browser.
1. Anti-Malware Software (Remove/Troubleshoot Malware)
Malwarebytes is the most recommended Antivirus – Anti-Malware software used to scan, detect, and remove malware including browser hijackers such as the Nixxie virus. View other Antivirus recommendations. If malware has been successfully detected and removed, and once it has been, repair your Home Page and Provided Search Engines.
2. System Restore (Remove/Troubleshoot Malware)
Perform a system restore to an automatic restore point created by Window’s each week or during system updates. This can be very helpful if you suspect a severe malware or virus infection. Once complete, repair your Home Page and Provided Search Engines if necessary to repair browser settings such as redirections.
2. Repair Home Page
How to remove Answers.Nixxie.com from your home page.
1. Click Tools and select Options.
2. On the General tab remove Answers.Nixxie.com and click Restore to Default or add you preferred URL.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Internet Options.
2. On the General tab remove Answers.Nixxie.com and click Restore to Default or add your preferred URL.
1. Click on the Wrench or 3 bar icon next to the address bar and select Settings.
2. Under the On startup section click Set pages.
3. Click the X next to Answers.Nixxie.com and add your preferred URL.
4. Repair Provided Search Engines
How to stop redirecting to Answers.Nixxie.com.
1. Click the small search arrow or magnify glass near the search bar at the top of the internet browser.
2. Select Manage search engines…
3. Select Answers.Nixxie.com and click remove. Avantfind.com could be set as default or listed under Other search engines.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. Navigate to the Search Providers list.
3. Select Answers.Nixxie.com and click the Remove button.
1. Click the 3 bar or wrench settings icon and select Settings.
2. In the Search section select the Manage search engines… button.
3. Remove Answers.Nixxie.com by clicking the X next to it when selected.
If Answers.Nixxie.com or other unwanted websites are set as the default search engine, add and chose another search engine (such as Google.com) as a default engine by selecting it (Google.com) and clicking the “make default” transparent blue box that appears when highlighted.
5. Clear Cache And Cookies
If you visited Answers.Nixxie.com and do not want your data to be traced, tracked, and used against you or without your consent, it is recommended to delete your browser data. Answers.Nixxie.com along with other hijacker based websites commonly load cookie files onto computer system allowing these malicious websites to collect, store, and track information such as browser activity and personal information. You can remove your browser cache and cookie files in your browser’s preference or settings options.