What is the Adsclickssite.com redirection virus?
A adsclickssite.com (Ads clicks site) infection is often referred as a redirection virus and internet browser hijacker. The adsclickssite.com virus affects internet browser settings, changing the Home Page and Provided Search Engine to adsclickssite.com, in turn redirecting internet searches and URLs typed into the browser address bar to adsclickssite.com and/or third party websites.
Search results from adsclickssite.com contain advertisement links that generate revenue per click. These links have also been reported to instigate the installation of adware and spyware applications.
If issues concerning and causing redirections to adsclickssite.com are not removed from your computer you are at risk of being a victim of cyber crime involving credit theft, identity theft, extortion schemes, and other serious criminal activity which may be caused by a third party.
Why are internet searches and URLs redirecting to Adsclickssite.com?
If your internet browser is redirecting to adsclickssite.com without your consent, your provided search engine has been changed and you are most likely infected with malware, viruses, and/or Trojans. Adsclickssite.com hijacks internet browser settings causing internet searches and URLs typed into the browser address bar to redirect to adsclickssite.com and/or other websites. This is one example why adsclickssite.com is referred to as a browser hijacker.
Why is my Home Page Adsclickssite.com?
If your browser’s home page has changed to sadsclickssite.com without your consent, causing the browser to direct to adsclickssite.com upon start up, you are most likely infected with malware, viruses, and/or Trojans. This is often the first sign of a computer infection or exploit.
The adsclickssite.com infection may have been contracted from visiting a malicious site hosting malware, drive by download sites, third party infections, and other cyber criminal phishing techniques such as spam email or malicious social media links in friend’s hijacked posts. Your internet browser settings may have been voluntarily changed as well by another user.
1. Anti-Malware Software (Remove Malware)
Malwarebytes is the most recommended Antivirus – Anti-Malware software used to scan, detect, and remove malware including browser hijackers. View other Antivirus recommendations. If necessary, search for and remove third party malware that has infected your system. Once removed, proceed to repair your Home Page and Provided Search Engines.
2. System Restore (Troubleshoot Malware)
If you suspect your system is infected by a third party causing your browser to be affected by adsclickssite.com perform a system restore to an automatic restore point created by Window’s each week and during system updates. Once complete, if necessary proceed to repair your Home Page and Provided Search Engines.
3. Repair Home Page
Follow the instructions per each browser installed on your system to remove adsclickssite.com as your home page.
1. Click Tools and select Options.
2. On the General tab, click Restore to Default or add you preferred URL.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Internet Options.
2. On the General tab click Restore to Default or add your preferred URL.
1. Click on the Wrench or 3 bar icon next to the address bar and select Settings.
2. Under the On startup section click Set pages.
3. Click the X next to adsclickssite.com to remove it and add your preferred home page URL.
4. Repair Provided Search Engines
To stop your browser from redirecting to adsclickssite.com and other unwanted search results, and/or links, follow the instructions below to fix your browsers provided search engine.
1. Click the 3 bar or wrench settings icon and select Settings.
2. In the Search section select the Manage search engines… button.
3. Remove adsclickssite.com and/or related search engines by selecting the X next to the URL upon clicking on and highlighting the website(s). If adsclickssite.com is the default search engine, chose another search engine such as Bing or Google by highlighting details and clicking “make default” in a transparent blue box next to the legitimate engine.
1. Click the small search arrow or magnify glass near the search bar at the top of the internet browser.
2. Select Manage search engines…
3. Highlight adsclickssite.com and/or related search engines and click remove. The search engine may be a default search engine or listed under “Other search engines”.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. Navigate to the Search Providers list.
3. Search foradsclickssite.com and/or related search engines and click the Remove button.
Cache And Cookies
If your browser has visited adsclickssite.com without your consent, or you visited adsclickssite.com while removing the infection, it is recommended to clear your browser cache and cookie files. You can change your browser cache and cookie files by visiting your browser’s settings or preference options.
Browser Helper Objects
Internet browser hijackers often infect systems alongside an add-on, extension, and/or Toolbar. To check if your internet browser is infected with an unwanted browser helped object (BHO), please refer to a previous article concerning similar browser hijackers that install alongside and bundled with BHOs.