How To Remove Text Enhance (Virus Removal Guide)
What is Text Enhance?
Text Enhance (Text-Enhance) is cross-browser adware and an advertising platform that uses multiple programs, browser extensions, and files to attach to internet browsers and gather personal data without user consent. Text Enhance is used by multiple third-parties in order to monetize freeware and other programs. This adware serves pop-up and targeted advertisements it feels users are most likely to click on across Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer based off of the information it gathers.
Victims of Text Enhance adware usually notice they are infected with this adware when the content found on random webpages have links that display spam advertisements once they are hovered over. These types of advertisements are called in-text advertisements. *Hovering over the words racing teams opens up a small window showing a spam advertisement relative to racing teams (image).
Video example of a Text Enhance infection
Users who wish to install freeware may be given a “custom installation” option to accept or decline an offer to install Text Enhance adware and similar products during the installation; However, the user request to decline the adware from installing can be ignored by the program or presented in a confusing manner.
In some cases, Text Enhance and other unwanted programs are deceptively promoted through questionable advertisements. These advertisements may be dishonest, misleading, and cause the program to automatically download and install once clicked on.
How to remove Text Enhance (Removal Guide)
- Step 1: Remove unwanted add-ons and extensions
- Step 2: Uninstall Text Enhance
- Step 3: Remove Text Enhance malware with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
- Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner by Piriform
- For Tech Support Call: 1-888-879-0084
Step 1: Remove Text Enhance add-ons and extensions
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon on the top menu and navigate to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for suspicious extensions in the list. Remove unwanted browser extensions individually by clicking the trashcan icon next to each one.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. Search for suspicious add-ons on the Extensions and Plugin tab. Highlight each one individually and click remove.
Step 2: Uninstall Text Enhance
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. On Windows Control Panel, click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program in the Programs section.
3. Search for Text Enhance and other unwanted programs in the list of installed programs. Once an unwanted program is located, double click the item or select it with your mouse and click the Uninstall button.
4. Restart your computer.
Step 3: Remove Text Enhance malware with Malwarebytes
1. Download and install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full version enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is just a free scan and removal tool.
2. Open the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
3. Click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan.
4. Once the malware scan is complete, click the Remove Selected button and reboot your computer.
Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner
1. Download and install the free or full version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall unwanted programs using CCleaner, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for the program in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.