How to remove System Checkup by iolo Technologies (Removal Guide)
System Checkup (iolo Technologies)
System Checkup is possibly considered a potentially unwanted program (PUP) or potential malware by third-party analysts and categorized as scareware. System Checkup by iolo Technologies is not necessarily a computer virus and is not malware and the company has a good reputation; However, some users report that System Checkup can make its way onto a computer without direct knowledge and permission.
System Checkup has also been reported to use aggressive and misleading marketing tactics in order to create customers by displaying misleading scan results or causing FUD, as well as not being clear that software is not free to use or promoting the software as a free download (it is free to download, just not free to use).
Once installed, System Checkup by iolo Technologies will begin to perform 9 different scans (system analysis) for internet speed, memory levels, startup speed, registry issues, drive corruption, and more without user permission
When the scan is finished System Checkup may claim that a numerical amount of problems were found. A “Fix Now” button will be displayed and if the button is clicked the user will be welcomed by a pop-up notification or browser window redirect that claims the user must active System Checkup for immediate repair to their computers.
System Checkup does not submit any malicious traits, although the product may be considered an unethical, non-beneficial, and misleading Microsoft Windows Optimizer similar to Advanced System Protector.
How does the System Checkup get onto a computer?
System Checkup by iolo Technologies can be manually and voluntarily downloaded from a variety of locations including www.iolo.com and download.com; However, System Checkup by iolo Technologies is known to install to a computer system without user consent as it will often bundle and install with third-party content such as freeware, shareware, codecs, and torrents.
If you recently installed software from such websites as download.com, chances are System Checkup and other potential malware may have installed without your direct consent.
How to remove System Checkup virus
- Automatically remove System Checkup – Scan for and automatically remove malware that may install with System Checkup
- Manually remove System Checkup – Uninstall System Checkup (iolo Technologies) and third-party malware (if necessary)
- For Tech Support – Call 1-888-986-8411 and they will kindly assist you with removing System Checkup and computer viruses
1. Auto System Checkup removal
Use the instructions below to automatically remove third-party malware using free or full versions of Malwarebytes and CCleaner by Piriform.
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, make sure to do so.
4. On the first tab labeled “Scanner” select the Perform full scan option and click the Scan button to perform a full system scan. Malwarebytes will automatically detect malware infecting the computer system.
5. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer (the image below shows a file that is NOT selected) or click the Delete button to remove quarantined files.
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall stubborn and System Checkup scareware.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found. Something to look for might include the title “System Checkup or iolo.”
4. To automatically uninstall System Checkup by iolo Technolgies and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and located software in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the programs as selected.
2. Manual System Checkup removal
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall System Checkup software using generic removal procedures (if allowed), as well as third-party malware that may have installed alongside potential rogue Windows optimization software.
Please note that System Checkup may not actually install to a computer system and may be promoted as a 1 time free to use Windows Optimizer or Antivirus program during the installation process of third-party software. If this is the case you will not find the actual System Checkup program on your computer; However, you may find unwanted third-party applications such as Save Sense.
How to uninstall System Checkup
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs, search for System Checkup scareware and other potentially unwanted software. Once located, double click the unwanted programs or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button.