How to remove SLOW-PCfighter – Removal instructions
What is SLOW-PCfighter?
SLOW-PCfighter is potential often detected as a Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP) and categorized as scareware by third-party security vendors. Uses have suggested that this program may install to a computer system without consent and begin to display notifications.
SLOW-PCfighter performs system scans and displays information in efforts to persuade users into purchasing or registering the full product. SLOW-PCfighter may run a scan without permission, claim that a certain amount of errors were found (usually in the multiple hundreds) including Application path errors, Program Shortcut errors, Emprty Registry Keys, Invalid Class Keys, CLSID/TypeLib/Interface Entries, and more. SLOW-PCfighter may then attempt to persuade victims to buy SLOW-PCfighter claiming that the software will repair multiple issues found, improve system stability, and extend the life of your PC.
When it comes to unethical marketing practices, most system optimizers fail to be trustworthy. During a SLOW-PCfighter review the product claimed that to have detected 144 ERRORS on a new Windows 8 system. They then stated “Since you have already used your 25 FREE repairs, You will need to buy this version of SLOW-PCfighter to remove the rest of your errors.” SLOW-PCfighter failed to identify any of the 25 FREE affected files removed, now explained how the trial of the PC-Fighter product worked.
Potential SLOW-PCfighter scareware may also modify registry entries, load unwanted files that can slow down a computer, cause a computer to become slower, and bundle with unwanted software including adware, browser hijackers, and spyware (depending on where the software was downloaded).
How does SLOW-PCfighter infect a computer?
SLOW-PCfighter primarily bundles with third-party items including freeware and shareware. If you recently installed software from websites such as download.com, chances are SLOW-PCfighter and other software you didn’t want bundled with the free download, even if you declined an offer to install the item. In other cases, victims contracted SLOW-PCfighter by clicking links contained in advertisements, social media content, and sponsored search results. In some cases SLOW-PCfighter or associated third party software that may have bundled with the product will prompt unwanted advertisements, cause browser redirections, and other issues not mentioned.
SLOW-PCfighter can also be manually and voluntarily installed from websites such as spamfighter.com.
How to remove SLOW-PCfighter
- Automatically remove SLOW-PCfighter – Scan for and automatically remove the SLOW-PCfighter PUP and related malware
- Manually remove SLOW-PCfighter – Remove/Uninstall SLOW-PCfighter and third-party malware
1. Automatic SLOW-PCfighter removal
Use the instructions below to automatically remove SLOW-PCfighter and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines such as Conduit or Oople Toolbar that may have hijacked your browser’s home page, default search engine, and shortcut.
1. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
2. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, make sure to do so.
3. On the first tab labeled “Scanner” select the Perform full scan option and click the Scan button to perform a full system scan. Malwarebytes will automatically detect malware infecting the computer system.
4. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer (the image below shows a file that is NOT selected) or click the Delete button to remove quarantined files.
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall stubborn SLOW-PCfighter software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found. Something to look for might include the title “pcfighter or spamfighter.”
4. To automatically uninstall SLOW-PCfighter and unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and located SLOW-PCfighter software in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the programs as selected.
2. Manual SLOW-PCfighter removal
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall SLOW-PCfighter using generic removal procedures, as well as third-party malware that may have installed alongside SLOW-PCfighter software.
Identifying SLOW-PCfighter files (Advanced)
In some cases, SLOW-PCfighter can be manually removed by deleting associated files. Identifying these files is not always easy and is not recommended. Common file locations and file names are detailed below:
%CommonAppData%\ %LocalAppData%\ %LocalAppData%\.exe %Temp%\ %AppData%\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Templates\
How to uninstall SLOW-PCfighter (Win)
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs, search for SLOW-PCfighter and other potentially unwanted software. Once located, double click the unwanted programs or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button.
How to remove the SLOW-PCfighter add-on and extension
In most cases, SLOW-PCfighter installs with and alongside third-party browser objects. Use the instructions to remove third-party add-ons, extensions, plugins, and toolbars relating to SLOW-PCfighter malware.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the SLOW-PCfighter extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to them.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the SLOW-PCfighter Pro add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the SLOW-PCfighter add-on and remove it if located.
- How to remove System Doctor 2014 (scareware)
- How to remove Text Enhance (adware)
- How to block advertisements and malicious resources using Windows hosts file
- How to stop unwanted redirections
- How to restore Microsoft Windows Operating Systems (XP, Vista, 7)
- How to refresh/reset Microsoft Windows 8 Operating Systems