How to remove Simple New Tab (Virus Removal Guide)
Simple New Tab an adware type program and browser plugin that is recognized by most reputable Antivirus and Anti-Malware programs. The adware is known to sneak onto a computer and attach to affected internet browsers without user knowledge. Once Simple New Tab is installed, it will collect user data, serve advertisements to the user in their web browser, and change existing internet browser settings, which essentially causes affected web browsers to start-up on and redirect to sponsored webpages. The “Simple New Tab virus” will edit Windows registry and make modifications to the computer system in order to run every time Windows starts. The process Simple New Tab.exe will remain active in Windows Task Manager and the file can enable itself if the process has been ended by the user.
|Name(s)||Simple New Tab, Simple New Tab virus, Ads By Simple New Tab|
|Symptoms||The user may experience unwanted advertisements and redirects in the web browser.|
|Distribution Method||The adware bundles with freeware and dubious files.|
|Detection Tool||Download Malware Removal Tool|
Simple New Tab Screenshot
Simple New Tab will also change existing browser settings such as the homepage, new tab setting, and default search engine. This will cause Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, and other browsers to start-up on and redirect to sponsored webpages.
Simple New Tab Removal Guide
Simple New Tab can be uninstalled manually from your computer and internet browser. We have provided several steps below the article to show you how remove Simple New Tab and other threats. However, if you have clicked on any random ads or have been redirected to suspicious websites, your system may have been exposed to malware and other threats. To make sure your PC is completely clean and your information is protected from cyber criminals, we recommend that you follow all the steps below.
- Step 1: Uninstall Simple New Tab from Windows
- Step 2: Remove unwanted browser attachments
- Step 3: Remove Simple New Tab virus with Malwarebytes
- Step 4: Remove Simple New Tab malware with HitmanPro
- Step 5: Clean and repair your computer with CCleaner
Step 1: Uninstall Simple New Tab from Windows
Follow the instructions to uninstall Simple New Tab and other programs that it may bundle with from your Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10 computer. If you do not find Simple New Tab installed on your computer but still notice unwanted symptoms such as pop-up ads while you browse the web it is recommended to use Malwarebytes and HitmanPro to eradicate troublesome files.
1. Open Windows Start or Task menu and go to the Control Panel (or directly to Programs and Features).
2. In the “Programs” section click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove programs).
3. Search for Simple New Tab and other programs in the list of installed programs and double click the program you want to remove to uninstall it. You can also select Simple New Tab with your mouse and click the Uninstall button once it appears. Once you have uninstalled Simple New Tab look for other unwanted programs in the list of installed programs and uninstall any if they are found. A general tip is to click “Installed On” to locate any programs that installed around the same time.
Step 2: Remove unwanted browser attachments
Follow the instructions to remove Simple New Tab add-ons and extensions, as well as other attachments that it may bundle with from Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer & Edge, and Apple Safari. If you do not find a Simple New Tab attachments installed on your internet browser but still notice unwanted symptoms such as pop-up ads while you browse the web it is recommended to use Malwarebytes and HitmanPro to eradicate troublesome files. To remove Simple New Tab from Microsoft internet browsers you must uninstall the program.
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Simple New Tab extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the Simple New Tab add-on and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the Simple New Tab extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
Step 3: Remove Simple New Tab virus with Malwarebytes
Follow the instructions to remove Simple New Tab with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
1. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
2. Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing.
3. Make sure that Malwarebytes has been updated. To ensure it is updated click Update Now on the Dashboard.
4. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
5. When the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button or restart your computer if Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
Step 4: Remove Simple New Tab malware with HitmanPro
Follow the instructions to remove Simple New Tab with HitmanPro second-opinion software.
1. Download and install HitmanPro second opinion scanner and removal tool.
3. Once Hitman Pro is installed, open the program and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may chose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
4. When the scan is complete, click the Next button again to delete any threats or traces on your system.
5. If you are initially using the free version, to activate it, enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
6. Restart your computer by selecting Reboot.
Step 5: Clean and repair your computer with CCleaner
Follow the instructions to clean your computer and repair your computer’s settings.
2. Once installed, open the program and go to the main Cleaner screen and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries. If you find any thing suspicious click it and click the Delete button to remove it.
4. To finish things off, go to the Registry window and click the Scan for Issues button. When the scan is complete click the Fix selected issues… button and click Fix All Selected Issues.