How to remove Similar Products pop-up Ads – Adware removal instructions
Similar Products virus
The Similar Products virus (also found as Similar Products Deals) is potential malware categorized as adware and a browser hijacker that changes existing internet browser settings of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer, and displays unwanted advertisements including Similar Products pop-up ads, banner ads, in-text ads, and more. These pop-up advertisements often appear when visiting retail websites and or websites with content that allows the adware to target relative keywords.
Similar Products adware installs to a Microsoft Windows computer and attaches to the previously mentioned internet browsers as a standalone browser add-on, browser helper object (BHO), and extension, and/or bundled with third-party browser items or software. Once an object used to promote Similar Products malware and generate advertisements is installed it will begin to change browser settings, which can cause various other issues.
Similar Products unwanted advertisements can usually be identified by text that says “Similar Products, Ads by Similar Products, or coupons.” There may even be a link that claims to disable the advertisements.
Similar Products adware is a very intruding application that if installed has the potential to collect all computer activity and information about every website visited. Information collected includes your name, home address, telephone number, email address, and more. Victims of this particular malware infection have complained of unwanted email spam, junk mail, and telephone calls from telemarketers often relating to recent internet browsing activity.
The Similar Products virus and related third-party malware may collect and distribute extremely sensitive information users manually submit into online forms including bank account credentials and credit card information. In rare cases, victims of the Similar Products hijacker are at risk of credit theft, extortion, identity theft, and other crimes.
Similar Products malware may bundle with third-party items including GetGo Toolbar, Conduit Toolbar, and others that may cause unwanted browser redirections to websites such as search.getgosoft.com and ask.com.
How does Similar Products adware get onto a computer?
Similar Products adware or items that may generate unwanted advertisements can be manually and voluntarily downloaded from questionable websites; however most complain that Similar Products malware was installed without consent.
In most cases Similar Products software bundles with suspicious third-party freeware and shareware in order to monetize free products. Users may be given the opportunity to accept or decline an offer to install adware, but the request to deny the installation is often ignored.
How to remove Similar Products adware
- Automatically remove Similar Products adware – Scan for and automatically remove Similar Products and third-party malware
- Manually remove Similar Products – Remove/Uninstall Similar Products promoted software and third-party malware (if necessary)
1. Automatic Similar Products removal
Use the instructions below to automatically remove Similar Products adware and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
1. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
2. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, make sure to do so.
3. On the first tab labeled “Scanner” select the Perform full scan option and click the Scan button to perform a full system scan. Malwarebytes will automatically detect malware infecting the computer system.
4. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer (the image below shows a file that is NOT selected) or click the Delete button to remove quarantined files.
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall Similar Products adware and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall Similar Products and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for Similar Products, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manual Similar Products removal
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall Similar Products adware and third-party software using generic Microsoft Windows removal procedures.
How to uninstall Similar Products adware
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for Similar Products and other potentially unwanted software. Once located, double click the unwanted programs or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button.
How to remove Similar Products add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions to remove Similar Products add-ons, extensions, plug-ins, and toolbars. Please note, it may be necessary to remove multiple third-party items.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Similar Products extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to them.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the Similar Products add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the Similar Products add-on and remove it if located.