How to remove Severe Weather Alerts – Removal Instructions
Severe Weather Alerts virus
The Severe Weather Alerts virus (though not technically a computer virus) is potential malware categorized as adware and spyware that primarily bundles with third-party items and causes many problems for computer users concerning the invasion of privacy and computer functionality.
Severe Weather Alerts causes unwanted weather pop-up messages to appear on the bottom right of Windows Task Bar and can be identified by buttons that say “Details, Radar, Forecast” and links that say “Set Location, Support, Upgrade.”
Severe Weather Alerts attempts to get users to purchase (upgrade) the full Severe Weather Alerts product or third-party items.
The Severe Weather Alerts virus is also known to collect and distribute user information including manually submitted information and your geographic location in order to display relative weather information and Severe Weather Alerts pop-ups. Some information collected is considered anonymous and includes your location, gender, and year of birth, and other information collected by the initial party is considered personally identifiable information (PII).
Severe Weather Alerts may collect your information when you:
- Complete a survey
- Register for a promotion, contest or sweepstakes
- Make a purchase from their online store
- Send them an e-mail message or complete an inquiry form to receive additional information
- Submit a photo or video to iWitness Weather
- Participate in an online forum or community, or
- Customize the Services.
Severe Weather Alerts may collect certain information through automated means, such as:
- Specific geographic location – where you are currently located
- Information about your device and device capabilities
- Information about your device operating system
- Information about the applications on your device
- Information about how you use the Services
- Your activities on the Services
- IP address
- Device identifier
- Browser type
- Browser identifier
- Referring URL
Severe Weather Alerts malware uses information collected on the Services, and disclose information to third parties, including your physical geographic location, to help fulfill your requests or in connection with the operation of the Services, for example to service your account, conduct a transaction or provide a service that you have requested, display information and unwanted advertisements that we believe match your interests and profile, facilitate updates to the Services, provide support, notify you if you’ve won a contest or sweepstakes, improve the working of the Services, and compile statistics about the users and your use of the Services. Severe Weather Alerts and third parties may on occasion combine information about you with information obtained from other parties to market to you products or services.
At various points, Severe Weather Alerts may provide users with the opportunity to opt-in to receive special offers from Severe Weather Alerts and its affiliates. If you choose to opt in, Severe Weather Alerts spyware and its affiliates will use your personally identifiable information.
Some users have reported unwanted email spam, junk mail, telephone calls from telemarketers,and similar scenarios.
Severe Weather Alerts and third-party malware associated with the item may be the culprit of unwanted advertisements.
Some users have complained that Severe Weather Alerts is difficult to uninstall or that they still receive Severe Weather Alerts pop-ups even after the item has been removed.
How does Severe Weather Alerts get onto a computer?
Severe Weather Alerts malware can be manually and voluntarily downloaded and installed but most users claim that the application installe without consent and began to display unwanted weather pop-ups. This may be because Severe Weather Alerts primarily bundles with third-party items, including freeware and shareware. Users may be given the opportunity to accept or decline an offer to install Severe Weather Alerts alongside wanted software. In some cases the request to deny the offer ignored and the item will install without consent.
How to remove Severe Weather Alerts
- Automatically remove Severe Weather Alerts - Scan for and automatically remove Severe Weather Alerts and third-party malware
- Manually remove Severe Weather Alerts - Remove/Uninstall Severe Weather Alerts software and third-party malware (if necessary)
- For Tech Support - Call 1-888-879-0084 and they will kindly assist you with removing this infection
1. Automatic Severe Weather Alerts removal
Use the instructions below to automatically remove Severe Weather Alerts and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, make sure to do so.
4. On the first tab labeled “Scanner” select the Perform full scan option and click the Scan button to perform a full system scan. Malwarebytes will automatically detect malware infecting the computer system.
5. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer (the image below shows a file that is NOT selected) or click the Delete button to remove quarantined files.
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall Severe Weather Alerts and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall Severe Weather Alerts and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for Severe Weather Alerts, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manual Severe Weather Alerts removal
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall Severe Weather Alerts and third-party software using Microsoft Windows removal procedures.
How to uninstall Severe Weather Alerts
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for Severe Weather Alerts and other potentially unwanted software. Once Severe Weather Alerts malware is located, double click the unwanted program(s) or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button.