How to remove Security Cleaner Pro – Removal Instructions
Security Cleaner Pro virus
The Security Cleaner Pro virus (also found as Security Cleaner Professional) is dangerous malware categorized as scareware and spyware (or rogue software in the Win.WebSec family) similar to Antivirus Security Pro that is reported to install to a computer system without consent and cause many complications for computer users relating to the invasion of privacy and cyber crimes including credit theft, extortion, and identity theft. Security Cleaner Pro may also cause other issues for computer and internet users concerning the loss of computer functionality. Security Cleaner Pro is essentially considered a rogue Microsoft Windows Anti-Spyware or Antivirus program that performs fake registry and system scans concluding in fraudulent results that claim a numerical amount of errors or issues are found or that your security level is low.
To protect it’s self from being eradicated the fake Security Cleaner Pro Windows program will terminate legitimate programs used to remove it and block access to legitimate and helpful websites. It does this by displaying an alert message that claims the program has become infected with a computer virus or that the website visited is under a virus attack and may crash your system.
The messages displayed by the fake Security Cleaner Pro software should be ignored as they are likely fraudulent. Common alert notifications displayed are detailed below:
Virus content founded at this site is trying to install its components. Malicious & unknown network processes are determined. Your system is under virus attack. Negative references from other citizens concerning this web page. Your system ports and backdoors have been checked by visited page for external access. Recommendations: Obtain a license for "Security Cleaner Pro" to protect your PC for the safest browsing Internet pages (desirable)
Security Cleaner Professional may also install third-party software including Conduit Toolbar and other titles. These items are often attached to internet browsers including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer as a browser add-on, browser helper object (BHO), and extension and are used to change existing internet browser settings. In turn this causes affected internet browsers to start up on and redirect to unwanted websites.
Security Cleaner Pro and similar rogue software raise many privacy concerns and are often categorized as spyware. Some reports indicate that Security Cleaner Pro and associated parties may include users to marketing and mailing lists without user consent. Some users have reported unwanted email spam, junk mail, and even telephone calls from telemarketers concerning their recent computing and browsing activity.
Some may refer to this software as the Security Cleaner Pro virus due to the deceptive marketing tactics used by the developer and distributors; however, this program is not technically a computer virus.
How does Security Cleaner Pro malware get onto a computer?
Security Cleaner Pro can be manually and voluntarily downloaded from a variety of malicious locations; However, Security Cleaner Pro malware is known to install to a computer system without user consent and will often bundle with third-party downloadable content such as freeware, shareware, codecs, and torrents.
Security Cleaner Pro malware and related items may also download to a computer without user authorization via malicious advertisements, email spam, and compromised social media content.
How to remove Security Cleaner Pro
- Automatically remove Security Cleaner Pro – Scan for and automatically remove Security Cleaner Pro malware
- Manually remove Security Cleaner Pro – Remove/Uninstall Security Cleaner Pro and third-party malware if allowed
1. Automatic Security Cleaner Pro removal
Use the instructions below to automatically remove Security Cleaner Pro scareware and third-party malware.
1. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
2. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, make sure to do so.
3. On the first tab labeled “Scanner” select the Perform full scan option and click the Scan button to perform a full system scan. Malwarebytes will automatically detect malware infecting the computer system.
4. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer (the image below shows a file that is NOT selected) or click the Delete button to remove quarantined files.
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall stubborn and possibly rogue Security Cleaner Pro software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found. Something to look for might include the title “Security Cleaner Pro or Windows Cleaner.”
4. To automatically uninstall Security Cleaner Pro and unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and located software in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the programs as selected.
2. Manual Security Cleaner Pro removal
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall Security Cleaner Pro software using generic removal procedures (if allowed), as well as third-party malware that may have installed alongside rogue Windows optimization software.
How to uninstall Security Cleaner Pro
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs, search for Security Cleaner Pro and other potentially unwanted software. Once located, double click the unwanted programs or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button.