How To Remove Secure.file-restore-software.com Virus And Browser Hijacker
What is the Secure.file-restore-software.com virus?
Secure.file-restore-software.com virus is a browser hijacker closely connected to File Restore malware. File Restore is a fake PC optimization tool (Scareware) utilized by cyber criminals to extort the money from unaware PC users. First the File Restore virus warns the PC user about fake hard drive problems and then offers the user to purchase File Restore’s licensed version. Seeking to increase sales of the rogue program, the perpetrators also use the Secure.file-restore-software.com website along side the File Restore virus. The Secure.file-restore-software.com website is either filled with misleading information or is completely taken offline.
If your internet browser is suffering from a redirect virus, causing your browser to redirect searches and URLS typed into the address bar to Secure.file-restore-software.com, your are infected with 1. a browser hijacker and 2. rogue malware.
The Secure.file-restore-software.com redirection virus may have been contracted by visiting a website hosting malware, drive by download websites, and falling victim to other cyber criminal phishing techniques including spam email and malicious social media links.The Secure.file-restore infection may also be a symptom of the File Restore virus.
1. Anti-Malware Software (Remove/Troubleshoot Malware)
Malwarebytes is the most recommended Antivirus – Anti-Malware software used to scan, detect, and remove malware including browser hijackers and rogue malware. View other Antivirus recommendations. Once malware has been detected and removed, repair your Home Page and Provided Search Engines to stop redirecting to Secure.file-restore-software.com if needed.
2. System Restore (Remove/Troubleshoot Malware)
Perform a system restore to an automatic restore point created by Window’s each week or during system updates.
System Restores can be very helpful in removing severe malware infections including the File Restore virus and redirection virus. Once complete, repair your Home Page and Provided Search Engines.
3. Remove File Restore Virus
If you are infected with the actual File Restore virus you may have noticed a fake diagnostic tool showing fake notifications and messages about critical errors and malware infecting your system. If infected it is important to remove the File Restore virus immediately.
4. Repair Home Page
How to remove Secure.file-restore-software.com from your home page.
1. Click Tools and select Options.
2. On the General tab, click Restore to Default or add you preferred URL.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Internet Options.
2. On the General tab click Restore to Default or add your preferred URL.
1. Click on the Wrench or 3 bar icon next to the address bar and select Settings.
2. Under the On startup section click Set pages.
3. Click the X next to Secure.file-restore-software.com and add your preferred home page URL.
5. Repair Provided Search Engines
How to stop your browser from redirecting to Secure.file-restore-software.com.
1. Click the small search arrow or magnify glass near the search bar at the top of the internet browser.
2. Select Manage search engines…
3. Select Secure.file-restore-software.com and click remove. Secure.file-restore-software.com may be set as default or listed under Other search engines.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. Navigate to the Search Providers list.
3. Select Secure.file-restore-software.com and click the Remove button.
1. Click the 3 bar or wrench settings icon and select Settings.
2. In the Search section select the Manage search engines… button.
3. Remove Secure.file-restore-software.com by clicking the X.
If Secure.file-restore-software.com is a default search engine, add and chose another search engine such as Google as a default engine by selecting Google (etc) and clicking he “make default” transparent blue box that appears.
6. Clear Cache And Cookies
If you visitedSecure.file-restore-software.com and/or other websites and fear your personal data is being traced, tracked, etc., it is recommended to delete your browser data. Secure.file-restore-software.com and other websites load cookie files onto an unsuspecting computer system allowing them to collect, store, and track information such as browser activity and information. You can remove your browser cache and cookie files in your browser’s preference or settings options.