How To Remove The Searchpalace Virus – Searchpalace.com Redirect Removal Instructions (Search Palace)
What is Search Palace (Searchpalace.com Redirect)?
Search Palace, also referred to as SearchPalace, the Search Palace virus, SearchPalace malware, SearchPalace browser hijacker, or Searchpalace.com redirect, is reported as an unethical website that utilizes browser hijackers to change existing browser settings of popular internet browsers Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. Search Palace changes the home page and default search engine of these browsers, causing infected internet browsers to start up on and redirect to searchpalace.com and other websites.
Searchpalace.com essentially operates as a sponsored search engine, that displays off-topic and non-beneficial search results. For instance, search for the term botcrawl.com using a browser infected with the Searchpalace virus, causes the browser to redirect to a searchpalace.com results page, in which every results is a sponsored link. Furthermore, Searchpalace.com is paid each time an individual clicks a sponsored link, via third-party cost-per-click affiliations and programs. Most revenue generated by Searchpalace.com is collected by entrapping unsuspecting victims to use the fraudulent Searchpalace.com search engine and click advertisements.
How does Searchpalace.com infect a computer?
Searchpalace.com may bundle with third-party software, including freeware, shareware, and torrents, as well as third-party browser attachments.
How to remove the Searchpalace virus – Searchpalace.com
- Automatically remove malware – Scan and remove Searchpalace and third-party malware
- Manually remove Searchpalace.com settings – Remove Searchpalace and repair browser settings
1. Automatically remove malware (Searchpalace)
Use the instructions below to automatically remove malware and repair your internet browser settings.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Software
1. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
2. Once Malwarebytes is installed, open the program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, please do so. If you are using an existing version of Malwarebytes on your computer, make sure you update the software by navigating to the Update tab.
3. On the first tab labeled “Scanner” select the Perform full scan option and click the Scan button to perform a full system scan. Malwarebytes will automatically detect malware infecting the computer system.
4. Once the scan is over, Malwarebytes will prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer (the image below shows a file that is NOT selected).
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings, start-up settings, or troubleshoot Searchpalace.com removal and repair issues.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
2. Manually remove Searchpalace.com settings
If symptoms of a browser redirection are present due to third-party software, including malware, and typical browser add-ons, extensions, plugins, and Toolbars, use the instructions below to manually uninstall unwanted and potentially malicious software to remove the Searchpalace browser hijacker (and third-party malware).
How to uninstall unwanted Searchpalace
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs, search for any suspicious third-party software and uninstall the software by double clicking the program’s icon, or highlight the program in the list and click Uninstall.
How to remove the Searchpalace.com browser hijacker (Attachments)
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Locate the Search Palace browser extension and/or any third party extensions and remove them by clicking the trashcan icon next to them.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the Search Palace browseradd-on and/or any third party add-ons and remove them.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the Search Palace browser add-on and/or any third party add-ons and remove them.
How to remove Searchpalace.com from your home page
- In Mozilla Firefox navigate to Tools > Options or click Firefox in the top left corner and click Options > Options. Under the General tab remove http://www.searchpalace.com from the “Home Page:” field and replace it with your preferred home page URL.
- In Microsoft Internet Explorer navigate to Tools >Internet Options. Remove http://www.searchpalace.com from the Home Page field and replace it with your preferred URL.
- In Google Chrome click the customize icon (wrench or 3 bars) and navigate to Settings. Click “Set pages” under the On startup section. Remove http://www.searchpalace.com and replace it with your preferred URL.
How to remove the Searchpalace.com search engine
The default search engine is what often causes browsers to redirect to http://www.searchpalace.com and other websites. Removing searchpalace.com from your default search engine, often called the provided or managed search engine will likely stop your browser from redirecting without permission.
- In Mozilla Firefox, click the small search magnify glass near the search box (not url/search field) and click “Manage Search Engines…”. Remove the http://www.searchpalace.com search engine from the list of search providers by highlighting the selections and clicking remove.
- In Microsoft Internet Explorer navigate to Tools > Manage Add Ons > Search Providers and remove the http://www.searchpalace.com search engine from the list.
- In Google Chrome, click the customize icon (wrench or 3 bars) and navigate to Settings > Manage search engines… click the X next to http://www.searchpalace.com to remove it as your search engine. If http://www.searchpalace.com is set as the default search engine, you will need to add or select a new search engine as your default search engine (such as Google.com) before removing http://www.searchpalace.com.
Use the alternative removal options below to restrict access to http://www.searchpalace.com or learn about additional methods used to change or repair browser and DNS settings.
Some browser hijackers and unethical search engines may alter browser shortcuts on Windows operating systems.
1. Right click on a browser shortcut and select Properties.
2. On the shortcut tab, notice http://www.searchpalace.com in the target field. Delete http://www.searchpalace.com and click OK. If your shortcut is pinned to the task bar you have to unpin it first, then correct the shortcut in the start menu, and re-pin it to the task bar.