How to remove Search Encrypt (Virus Removal Guide)
Search Encrypt is a potentially malicious browser extension that can read and change all your data on the websites you visit, manage your apps, extensions, and themes, and change your privacy-related settings. Once the Search Encrypt extension is installed it will replace your homepage and default search settings with searchencrypt.com.
The Search Encrypt extension is known to be advertised alongside malware, adware, spyware, and malicious threats. This means that if you found Search Encrypt attached to your internet browser without your consent or knowledge it is guaranteed that your computer is infected with other malicious programs.
The Search Encrypt extension for Google Chrome has permissions allowing it to read and change all your data on the websites you visit (such as the things you search for and type into text fields). The extension can also manage your apps, extensions, and themes which means that it can remove and add new apps, extensions, and themes to your internet browser without your knowledge.
Furthermore, the extension does not let the user know that it will change their existing browser settings such as the homepage and search engine before they install the extension.
Remove Search Encrypt extension
- How to remove extensions from Chrome
- How to remove add-ons from Firefox
- How to remove add-ons from Internet Explorer
- How to remove extensions from Safari
Remove malware with Malwarebytes
- Open your browser window and download Malwarebytes 3.0 Premium or Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free.
- Open the executable file (mb3-setup.exe) to begin installing Malwarebytes.
- Select your language, click Next, then select “I accept the agreement,” click the Next button several times, and then click the Install button to install Malwarebytes. Click Finish once the install process is complete.
- Open Malwarebytes and click the Scan Now button on the Dashboard to begin scanning your computer.
- Click the Quarantine Selected button once the scan is finished.
- If Malwarebytes says “All selected items have been removed successfully. A log file has been saved to the logs folder. Your computer needs to be restarted to complete the removal process. Would you like to restart now?” click the Yes button to restart your computer.
Remove malware with HitmanPro
- Open your browser window and download HitmanPro.
- Open the executable file (hitmanpro_x64.exe or hitmanpro_x32.exe) to begin installing HitmanPro.
- Click the Next button, check “I accept the terms of the license agreement,” and click the Next button again.
- On the Setup page select “Yes, create a copy of HitmanPro so I can regularly scan this computer (recommended)” and add your email address to the registration fields to begin the free trial.
- Click Next to begin scanning your computer.
- Once the Scan results are displayed click the Next button and click the Next button again on the Removal results page.
Clean up and fix issues with CCleaner
- Open your browser window and download CCleaner Professional or CCleaner Free.
- Open the executable file (ccsetup.exe or other) to begin installing CCleaner.
- Click the Install button to begin stalling the program.
- Click Run CCleaner to open the program when installation is complete.
- Select the Cleaner tab and click the Analyze button.
- When the Analyze process is complete click the Run Cleaner button to clean all files.
- Next, select the Registry tab and click the Scan for Issues button to scan for issues in your registry.
- When the scan is complete click the Fix selected Issues button and Fix All Selected Issues button to fix the issues.
- Next, select the Tools tab and click Startup. Examine each area, search for suspicious entries, and delete any suspicious startup entries by selecting the entry and clicking the Delete button.
- Next, click Browser Plugins and search each internet browser for unwanted browser add-ons and extensions. Click the extension you want to delete and click the Delete button to remove it.