How to remove the SaveValet virus – Savevalet.com redirect (adware)
SaveValet virus (savevalet.com)
The SaveValet virus (also found as Save Valet) is a term for potentially harmful malware categorized as adware and spyware that utilizes browser hijackers to cause many problems for computer and internet users, including unwanted SaveValet pop-up advertisements, browser redirections to savevalet.com. The program also installs to a Windows computer system and attaches to Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer with or without user consent.
Once installed SaveValet malware will begin to transform existing Microsoft Windows and internet browser settings. SaveValet may start every time Windows is booted, display advertisements once a browser window is open, and change the home page, as well as default, managed, and provided search engines of popular internet browsers.
SaveValet advertisements often appear on retail websites and will attempt to contain coupons and deals relative to keywords and meta details of the visited webpage. SaveValet ads may be identified by a yellow or orange Toolbar (SaveValet Toolbar, third-party item, etc.) at the top of the browser window or drop-down menu that sayas “Compare & Save” and has a text field that says “:Search & Save.”
The unwanted program will cause browser redirections to www.savevalet.com. The search engine may attempt to appear like Google Search Engine, but is not associated with the search engine. Search results displayed by SaveValet are often irrelevant and entirely sponsored.
If SaveValet adware/hijacker is installed on your computer and attached to your internet browsers you may experience unwanted email spam, junk mail, phone calls from telemarketers, and more. It has been concluded that SaveValet and relating parties may collect, store, and distribute sensitive user information including your name, home address, telephone number, and information manually submitted online such as usernames, passwords, and more.
Severe cyber crimes relating to the spyware category include credit theft, extortion, identity theft, and others. You are at risk of falling victim to privacy related crimes if spyware is present on your computer.
How does SaveValet malware get onto a computer?
SaveValet can be manually and voluntarily downloaded from
www.savevalet.com; however most computer systems and internet browsers such as Google Chrome do not allow the add-on or extension to download and install as it has been defined as harmful. Even if you click to continue the installation is blocked.
SaveValet, SaveValet Toolbar, and similar items often bundle with freeware and shareware with or without permission.
How to remove the SaveValet virus
- Automatically remove SaveValet adware – Scan for and automatically remove SaveValet and third-party malware
- Manually remove SaveValet Toolbar – Remove/Uninstall SaveValet promoted software and third-party malware (if necessary)
1. Automatic SaveValet virus removal
Use the instructions below to automatically remove SaveValet adware and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
1. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
2. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, make sure to do so.
3. On the first tab labeled “Scanner” select the Perform full scan option and click the Scan button to perform a full system scan. Malwarebytes will automatically detect malware infecting the computer system.
4. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer (the image below shows a file that is NOT selected) or click the Delete button to remove quarantined files.
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall SaveValet adware and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall SaveValet, SaveValet Toolbar, and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for SaveValet, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manual SaveValet virus removal
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall SaveValet adware and third-party software using generic Microsoft Windows removal procedures.
How to uninstall SaveValet adware
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for SaveValet and other potentially unwanted software. Once located, double click the unwanted programs or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button.
How to remove SaveValet add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions to remove SaveValet add-ons, extensions, plug-ins, and toolbars. Please note, it may be necessary to remove multiple third-party items.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the SaveValet extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to them.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the SaveValet add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the SaveValet add-on and remove it if located.