How To Remove Prize-Party Malware – Prize-Party.com Virus (Prize Party Facebook Scams)
What is Prize-Party (Prize-Party.com)?
Prize-Party (Prize Party extension), also referred to as the Prize Party scam or the Prize Party virus, is malware, categorized as a browser hijacker, with close associations to adware, spyware, and especially Facebook scams involving iPad testers, iPhone testers, MacBook Air testers, and Blackberry testers, as well as FREE itunes voucher scams. Prize-party.com promises to give Facebook users free iPads, iPhones, and other products, if they log in to their website using their Facebook accounts. The truth is that, Prize Party installs a browser attachment (add-on, extension, plug-in, or toolbar) to the computer system that can be used to change existing browser settings or allow the installment of additional third-party malware and does not send participants free electronic merchandise.
Free giveaway Facebook scams are very common and a significant of Facebook scams has to do with free Ipad giveaways. Criminals often ask for home addresses and private information in order to receive free goods that are never sent.
The Prize Party scam, is essentially a Facebook survey and tag-jacking scam, that installs malware to the computer system often in order to post as a compromise (hijacked) Facebook account in order to spread malware. You may have noticed a friend on your Facebook News Feed post something about Free iPad 3, etc, with a large amount of tagged friends. This is often because the Facebook user fell victim to the Prize Party scam, or their Facebook account was simply hijacked without principle.
Is Prize-party.com safe?
NO, Prize-Party.com is not safe. Prize Party participates in common Facebook scams where the website falsely promises to give away free electronics and iTunes vouchers.
Furthermore, a Prize-party.com browser attachment may infect a computer system and internet browser without consent often alongside third-party malware, trojan horses, and worms.
How to remove Prize-Party malware
- Automatic malware removal – Scan and remove Prize Party malware
- Manually remove Prize Party – Manually remove Prize Party and repair browser settings
1. Automatic malware removal
Use the instructions below to automatically remove Prize Party and additional malware from your computer system, as well as repair your internet browser settings if needed.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Software
1. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
2. Once Malwarebytes is installed, open the program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, please do so. If you are using an existing version of Malwarebytes on your computer, make sure you update the software by navigating to the Update tab.
3. On the first tab labeled “Scanner” select the Perform full scan option and click the Scan button to perform a full system scan. Malwarebytes will automatically detect malware present on the computer system.
4. Once the scan is over, Malwarebytes will prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer (the image below shows a file that is NOT selected).
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings, start-up settings, or troubleshoot Prize-Party.com removal and repair issues.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
2. Manually remove Prize Party
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall Prize Party and third-party software from your computer system and browser. Please note, Prize Party often bundles with third-party software and browser attachments.
How to uninstall Prize Party
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs, search for Prize Party and uninstall Prize Party by double clicking the program’s icon, or highlight the program in the list and click Uninstall.
How to remove the Prize Party hijacker (Attachments)
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Locate the Prize Party browser extension and/or any third party extensions and remove them by clicking the trashcan icon next to them.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the Prize Party browser add-on and/or any third party add-ons and remove them.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the Prize Party browser add-on and/or any third party add-ons and remove them.