How to remove Price Slicer virus (Removal Guide)
Price Slicer virus
The Price Slicer virus (also found as PriceSlicer virus or Price Slicer Deals; though not technically a computer virus) is potential malware categorized as adware and a browser hijacker that installs to a Microsoft Windows computer system and attaches to Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer as a browser add-on, browser helper object (BHO), and extension with or without user knowledge. Price Slicer also bundles with third-party items and other potential malware.
Once Price Slicer malware is installed, it will begin to replace existing internet browser settings and displays unwanted pop-up advertisements, in-text ads, banner ads, and especially drop-down coupons ads on popular online retail websites including walmart.com, ebay, and others.
Price Slicer adware will attempt to display targeted coupons and offers for searched items or currently viewed products on retail websites by displaying a drop down tab and menu that can be identified by text that says the user has a numerical amount of coupons. The advertisements may drop down from the top right of the open internet browser window in a light orange drop-down list that contains links to coupons. Once clicked a coupon may be applied to the visited webpage.
The Price Slicer pop-ups can be identified by an orange tab at the top browser window, the light orange advertisements, as well as banners and skyscrapers that say Ads by Price Slicer.
Once a program that is used to assist in displaying Price Slicer advertisements is installed it will begin to change Microsoft Windows start-up settings and internet browser settings. Furthermore unwanted applications used to promote Price Slicer advertisements may violate user privacy by collecting and distributing sensitive user information and ruin a computer’s functionality and internet browsing experience (often associated with unwanted browser redirections and changed homepage settings).
Price Slicer has permission to access your data on all websites, access your tabs and browsing activity, and manage your apps, extensions, and themes.
Price Slicer malware and third-party items have also been reported to submit collected user information to third-party marketing and mailing lists without user consent. Some users have reported unwanted email spam, junk mail, and have even complained of unwanted telephone calls from telemarketers concerning their recent browser activity and history.
Price Slicer is also stubborn to uninstall and will make users reboot their systems and/or enter a verification code before the adware can be removed properly.
How to remove Price Slicer virus
This Price Slicer removal guide will help you completely remove Price Slicer virus, potentially unwanted programs, and malware. Get rid of ads by Price Slicer on Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer by following each step on this page.
- Step 1: Scan your computer for malware
- Step 2: Cleanup and repair settings
- Step 3: Uninstall Price Slicer
- Step 4: Remove Price Slicer browser attachments
- For Tech Support Call: 1-888-879-0084
Step 1: Scan your computer for malware
1. We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while removing Price Slicer. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full version enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is just a free scan and removal tool.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the Anti-Malware program. Malwarebytes may automatically begin to update and scan your computer at this point.
4. Click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan. Before the scan is started Malwarebytes may ask to update the software, make sure to do so if prompted to.
5. When the scan is complete, click the Quarantine All button and reboot your computer.
Step 2: Cleanup and repair settings
1. Install the free or full version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall Price Slicer using CCleaner, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for the program in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
Step 3: Uninstall Price Slicer
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to gain access to the Windows 8 Start Menu. Windows 8 may also select Programs and Features).
2. In Windows Control Panel, click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program in the Programs section.
3. In the list of installed programs, search for Price Slicer. Once the program is located, double click the unwanted program or select it with your mouse and click the Uninstall button. *Follow any on-screen instructions that may prompt to remove this program. Repeat the steps to remove additional unwanted programs.
4. Restart your computer.
Step 4: Remove Price Slicer browser attachments
1. Click on the Customize icon (3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Price Slicer extension and other suspicious extensions and remove them individually by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the Price Slicer add-on and other suspicious add-ons and remove them if located.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the Price Slicer add-on, click it, and click the Remove button. Remove other suspicious add-ons if found. If the Remove button does not appear you must first uninstall associated software through the Control Panel.