How to remove PC HealthBoost – Removal Instructions
PC HealthBoost virus (Boost Software Inc.)
The PC HealthBoost virus (also found as PCHealthBoost or PC Health Boost virus; though not technically a computer virus) is a Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP) categorized as scareware that is promoted as an unregistered (free) and registered (full) Microsoft Windows cleaner and optimizer tool; however, PC HealthBoost is essentially a non-beneficial Windows Optimizer program that participates in unethical marketing practices and performs fraudulent or non-beneficial computer scans in order to create customers and collect user information.
PC HealthBoost promotes a free trial that displays misleading information, scan results, system startup information, background application information, and unwanted alert messages. In turn the results and messages prompted by PC HealthBoost malware are used by the program to scare users into purchasing the full version by registering PC HealthBoost as the free program will not fix all problems unless the user purchases the unwanted item.
PC HealthBoost may claim that a computer system has a large amount of new errors found including shared DLLs, application paths, MRU lists, and others. PC HealthBoost scareware will then claim to fix a large quantity of errors, but then claims that a small amount of errors can not be completely repaired unless the user purchases the non-beneficial product.
The program also opens internet browser windows. Another pop-up message along with a browser redirect may say “In 2 minutes, PC HealthBoost will scan and completely repair errors & problems that may put your computer at risk for slow performance, crashes, and blue screens. Make crashes, error messages, and blue screens a thing of the past. – Unlock the full power of your PC by registering PC HealthBoost today. Simply fill out the form below to get started.”
PC HealthBoost also collects and distributes user information manually submitted online while the program is installed or information submitted to the initial party and involved third-parties, as well as what they describe as anonymous usage information (anonymous information can still be used to identify a person or make communications). PC HealthBoost may collect complete computing and browser activity. The information collected is often submitted to marketing and mailing lists. Victims have reported excessive email spam from PC HealthBoost by Boost and third-parties, as well as junk mail and telephone calls from telemarketers at home.
In the short time that PC HealthBoost and similar software has been active the company has accumulated many complaints filed with the BBB stating advertising/sales issues, delivery issues, guarantee/warranty issues, and problems with product/service.
PC HealthBoost may be difficult to remove or close often prompting very confusing or frightening ways to exit the program and messages such as “Are You Sure You Want to Exit? You have 25 errors and by exiting PC HealthBoost these errors will not be repaired. TO completely repair all remaining 25 errors, it’s highly recommended that you register PC HealthBoost now. – Register and fix 25 errors not (OR) Exit and don’t fix 25 errors. I understand that any existing issue with my compute performance and stability may remain unresolved.”
PC HealthBoost malware often bundles with third-party adware, spyware, and browser hijackers used to display pop-up ads, banner ads, coupon drop-down ads, and cause browser redirections and start-ups.
How does PC HealthBoost malware get onto a computer?
PC HealthBoost malware can be manually and voluntarily downloaded from a variety of locations including download.com, and others; however, most users claim that PC HealthBoost scareware installed without consent.
PC HealthBoost also bundles with third-party freeware and shareware.
In some instances PC HealthBoost scareware may be contracted via advertisements, email spam, and compromised social media content.
How to remove PC HealthBoost
- Automatically remove PC HealthBoost – Scan for and automatically remove PC HealthBoost malware
- Manually remove PC HealthBoost – Remove/Uninstall PC HealthBoost and third-party malware if allowed
1. Automatic PC HealthBoost removal
Use the instructions below to automatically remove PC HealthBoost scareware and third-party malware.
1. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
2. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, make sure to do so.
3. On the first tab labeled “Scanner” select the Perform full scan option and click the Scan button to perform a full system scan. Malwarebytes will automatically detect malware infecting the computer system.
4. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer (the image below shows a file that is NOT selected) or click the Delete button to remove quarantined files.
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall stubborn and possibly rogue PC HealthBoost software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found. Something to look for might include the title “PC HealthBoost or simply Boost.”
4. To automatically uninstall PC HealthBoost (PC HealthBoost 2.3.0) and unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and located software in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the programs as selected.
2. Manual PC HealthBoost removal
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall rogue PC HealthBoost software using generic removal procedures (if allowed), as well as third-party malware that may have installed alongside rogue Windows optimization software.
How to uninstall PC HealthBoost
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs, search for PC HealthBoost (PC HealthBoost 2.3.0 by Boost Software Inc.) and other potentially unwanted software. Once located, double click the unwanted programs or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button.
Virus Removal Helpline 1- Call and the Virus is Gone! 1-888-986-8411