How to remove PC Fix Speed – Removal Instructions (Uninstall Guide)
PC Fix Speed virus
PC Fix Speed (also found as PC FixSpeed and similar to PC Power Speed) is potential malware categorized as scareware that is reported to install to a computer system with or without consent and potentially trick victims into purchasing the full version of the non-beneficial Microsoft Windows program. PC Fix Speed may also cause other issues for computer and internet users relating to the invasion of privacy and loss of computer functionality. PC Fix Speed is essentially considered a rogue optimization and cleaning program that performs fake registry and system scans resulting in fraudulent results that claim a numerical amount of errors or issues are “slowing down your computer” and need to be fixed by registering the software.
PC Fix Speed may also install third-party software including Conduit Toolbar and other titles. These items are often attached to internet browsers including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer as a browser add-on, browser helper object (BHO), and extension and are used to reformat existing internet browser settings. In turn this causes affected internet browsers to start up on and redirect to unwanted websites.
PC Fix Speed and similar forms of possible rogue software raise many privacy concerns and are often categorized as spyware. Some reports indicate that PC Fix Speed and associated parties may include users to marketing and mailing lists without user consent or knowledge. Some users have reported unwanted email spam, junk mail, and even telephone calls from telemarketers concerning their recent computing and browsing activity. In more severe (but rare) scenarios, victims of similar malware infections have fallen victim to credit theft, extortion, and identity theft.
Some may refer to this software as the PC Fix Speed virus due to the deceptive marketing tactics used by the developer and distributors; however, this program is not technically a computer virus.
PC Fix Speed will claim that (typos and all) “PC Fix Speed fix some issues but your PC still contains xx issues!” in attempt to persuade victims to Upgrade and Fix their Microsoft Windows computer by purchasing PC Fix Speed professional or full version. DO NOT PURCHASE PC Fix Speed software.
How does PC Fix Speed malware get onto a computer?
PC Fix Speed can be manually and voluntarily downloaded from a variety of questionable locations. PC Fix Speed is also known to install to a computer system without user consent often bundled with third-party downloadable content such as freeware, shareware, codecs, and torrents.
PC Fix Speed and related items may also download to a computer without user knowledge via advertisements, email spam, and compromised social media content.
How to remove PC Fix Speed
- Automatically remove PC Fix Speed – Scan for and automatically remove PC Fix Speed associated malware
- Manually remove PC Fix Speed – Remove/Uninstall PC Fix Speed and third-party malware if allowed
1. Automatic PC Fix Speed removal
Use the instructions below to automatically remove PC Fix Speed scareware and third-party malware.
1. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
2. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, make sure to do so.
3. On the first tab labeled “Scanner” select the Perform full scan option and click the Scan button to perform a full system scan. Malwarebytes will automatically detect malware infecting the computer system.
4. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer (the image below shows a file that is NOT selected) or click the Delete button to remove quarantined files.
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall stubborn and possibly rogue PC Fix Speed software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found. Something to look for might include the title “PC Fix Speed.”
4. To automatically uninstall PC Fix Speed and unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and located PC Fix Speed software in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the programs as selected.
2. Manual PC Fix Speed removal
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall PC Fix Speed software using generic removal procedures, as well as third-party malware that may have installed alongside rogue Windows optimization software.
How to uninstall PC Fix Speed
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs, search for PC Fix Speed and other potentially unwanted software. Once located, double click the unwanted programs or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button.
* If a pop-up appears in attempt to persuade victims to keep the software or even upgrade the free version of the illegitimate software click “No please uninstall” or attempt to X out of the window prompt. If PC Fix Speed ignores the request simply try again or use the automatic removal instructions above.