How to remove Oople Toolbar – Oople Search redirect virus removal (Uninstall guide)
What is Oople Toolbar (Browser hijacker)?
Oople Toolbar, also referred to as or references alongside terms such as the Oople virus, or Oople redirect virus, is an unwanted browser helper object (BHO) categorized as malware, in particular a browser hijacker that changes internet browser settings without direct authorization of computer users. Oople Toolbar malware causes unwanted internet browser start-ups and redirects to unwanted websites and search engines, including the Oople search page, which is actually a community portal associated with Conduit Search.
Oople Toolbar and the Oople Search results page may mask themselves under the title oople, as oople.com is in no way related to Oople Toolbar or any forms of malware. Therefor, victims searching for information about Oople Search may be confused that the search engine actually derives from oople.com, and information regarding the safe and legitimate oople.com may appear cause complications. Oople Toolbar primarily causes redirections via the Conduit Community Toolbar, which is a development of Oople Toolbar. The search results displayed by Oople Toolbar and the Oople search page are utilized by third-party software and tools, such as add-ons and extensions, or even free media download managers in order to generate an income from sponsored search links and installments of affiliated software.
Oople Toolbar is closely related to adware, spyware, and scareware, and may bundle alongside or inside third-party items. Oople Toolbar may display drop-down advertisements and pop-up advertisements that appear on the top and bottom of the right side of the internet browser. Some Oople Toolbar pop-up advertisements may appear as a coupons that pop-out from the actual toolbar, blocking the currently viewed webpage unless clicked.
Some victims of Oople Toolbar malware experience excessive email spam, junk mail, and telephone calls from telemarketers. Oople Toolbar and associated parties may harvest sensitive information in order to continue generating revenue via unethical tactics.
How does Oople Toolbar infect a computer?
Oople Toolbar primarily bundles with third-party items including freeware, shareware, codecs, and torrents such as Xvidly downloader and software downloaded from download.com. Oople Toolbar may also allow or install alongside additional browser add-ons, extensions, and helper objects attached to Microsot Windows and internet browsers such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer. Removing a third-party extension often stops internet browsers from redirecting to the Oople search page and vice-versa. Removing and uninstalling third-party extensions may also remove the Oople Toolbar at the top of your internet browser if no Oople Toolbar title exists.
How to remove Oople Toolbar malware
- Automatically remove Oople Toolbar malware – Scan for and automatically remove Oople Toolbar and third-party malware
- Manually remove Oople Toolbar – Remove/Uninstall Oople Toolbar software and third-party malware
1. Automatic Oople Toolbar removal
Use the instructions below to automatically remove Oople Toolbar and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your home page, default search engine, browser shortcuts, and other hijacked settings.
1. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
2. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, make sure to do so.
3. On the first tab labeled “Scanner” select the Perform full scan option and click the Scan button to perform a full system scan. Malwarebytes will automatically detect malware infecting the computer system.
4. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer (the image below shows a file that is NOT selected) or click the Delete button to remove quarantined files.
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall Oople Toolbar and related software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall Oople Toolbar, related software, and unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for Oople Toolbar, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall Oople software as selected.
2. Manual Oople Toolbar removal
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall Oople Toolbar and third-party software using generic Microsoft Windows removal procedures.
How to uninstall Oople Toolbar malware
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs, search for Oople Toolbar, Search Protect by Conduit, and other potentially unwanted software. Once located, double click the unwanted programs or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button.
How to remove Oople Toolbar add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions to remove Oople Toolbar add-ons, extensions, plugins, and toolbars. Please note, it may be necessary to remove multiple third-party software and titles.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Oople Toolbar extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to them.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the Oople Toolbar add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the Oople Toolbar add-on and remove it if located.