How to remove Omiga Plus (Virus Removal Guide)
Omiga Plus virus
The Omiga Plus virus (also known OmigaPlus) is a term used to identify a potentially unwanted program (PUP) that is categorized as adware. Omiga Plus is known to corrupt internet browser settings of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer.
Omiga Plus, alongside associated third-party malware, may install to a computer system without user knowledge. The program and others that it bundles with are primarily used to change the home page and default, managed, and provided search engine of popular internet browsers. In turn this causes internet browsers to start up on unwanted websites including qone8.com, search.v9.com, and others, as well as redirect to qone8.com and the previously mentioned websites while users attempt to search the web using the internet browser’s address or omni bar.
Aside from the common browser hijacker symptoms, Omiga Plus has been reported to collect and distribute user information, including information manually submitted online while Omiga Plus is installed on the computer system. This information includes usernames, passwords, home addresses, telephone numbers, credit information, bank account credentials, and more. In some cases victims have reported excessive and unwanted email spam, telephone calls from telemarketers, and junk mail relative to recent browsing and computing activity.
It can be concluded that Omiga Plus and related third-party malware may conclude users to mailing and marketing lists without consent or knowledge. Furthermore Omiga Plus, related parties, and similar malware infections are rarely associated with cyber crimes including credit theft, extortion, and identity theft.
How does Omiga Plus get onto a computer?
Omiga Plus can be manually and voluntarily installed from a variety of websites but most users have suggested that Omiga Plus installed without their consent. In these cases Omiga Plus may have installed without user consent alongside downloadable content such as freeware, shareware, codecs, and less likely in torrent files.
Omiga Plus is described as freeware that helps users organize the Microsoft Windows desktop. In most cases in order to monetize free software developers and distributors of the free software will include or bundle with third-party objects used to display advertisements (adware) and/or track computing and browsing habits. Sometimes users are given the opportunity to accept or decline offers of installing additional software, but request are often ignored and the users privacy rights are violated. In some cases this is considered entrapment as most users would not agree to terms brought upon them if they were presented in a proper manner.
How to remove Omiga Plus malware
- Automatically remove Omiga Plus - Scan for and automatically remove Omiga Plus and third-party malware
- Manually remove Omiga Plus - Uninstall Omiga Plus and third-party software
- For Tech Support Call 1-888-879-0084 – Call 1-888-879-0084 and we will kindly assist you with removing this infection
1. Automatic Omiga Plus removal
Use the instructions below to automatically remove the Omiga Plus hijacker and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your affected internet browsers.
1. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
2. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, make sure to do so.
3. On the first tab labeled “Scanner” select the Perform full scan option and click the Scan button to perform a full system scan. Malwarebytes will automatically detect malware infecting the computer system.
4. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer (the image below shows a file that is NOT selected) or click the Delete button to remove quarantined files.
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall Omiga Plus and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall Omiga Plus and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for Omiga Plus, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manual Omiga Plus removal
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall Omiga Plus and third-party software using generic Microsoft Windows removal procedures.
How to uninstall Omiga Plus
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for Omiga Plus and other potentially unwanted software. Once located, double click the unwanted programs or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button.
How to remove Omiga Plus browser objects
Use the instructions to remove Omiga Plus add-ons, extensions, plug-ins, and toolbars. Please note, it may be necessary to remove multiple third-party items.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Omiga Plus extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to them.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the Omiga Plus add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the Omiga Plus add-on and remove it if located.