OfferMosquito virus (Offer Mosquito)
The OfferMosquito virus (also found as , OfferMosquito Deals, Offer Mosquito virus, OfferMosquito pop-up virus, and others; though not technically a computer virus) is potential malware categorized as adware and a browser hijacker that installs to a Microsoft Windows computer and attaches to Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer as a browser add-on, browser helper object (BHO), and browser extension with or without user consent and proceeds to display unwanted pop-up advertisements and drop-down coupons and deals, as well as cause many other issues for computer users.
Once OfferMosquito is installed, the browser item and third-party browser attachments will begin to replace existing internet browser settings in turn causing unwanted OfferMosquito pop-ups to appear. OfferMosquito may display unwanted advertisements in the form of pop-ups, pop-under, and drop-down deals that appear from the top right of an open internet browser window.
The OfferMosquito add-on and extension may also allow third-party adware to infect a computer system without direct user consnet. Third-party malware that often bundles with OfferMosquito is Slick Savings (Deals). Third-party malware may download and attach to an internet browser once software used to support OfferMosquito and third-party items is removed.
Furthermore, OfferMosquito malware and other unwanted applications may violate user privacy by collecting and distributing sensitive user information without direct consent. OfferMosquito malware and third-party items have been reported to collect and submit user information to third-party marketing and mailing lists without user consent or knowledge. Some users have reported an excessive amount of email spam, junk mail, and have even complained of unwanted telephone calls from telemarketers concerning their recent internet browsing activity.
The OfferMosquito add-on and extension has the permission to access your data on all websites visited.
OfferMosquito adware (OfferMosquito pop-ups) and similar unwanted bloatware can ruin a computer’s functionality and internet browsing experience (often associated with unwanted browser redirections and start ups to websites such as Ask.com).
How does OfferMosquito malware get onto a computer?
OfferMosquito primarily bundles with third-party freeware and shareware. In some cases users are given the opportunity to accept or decline an offer to install OfferMosquito adware and other items with wanted products; however, the request to decline the offer is often ignored or presented in a confusing manner.
OfferMosquito also bundles with similar third-party adware. In some cases, third-party items such as Findr Toolbar will display OfferMosquito drop-down coupons while the actual Offer Mosquito add-on is not present. Removing the third-party item has also removed third-party adverts from appearing while browsing the internet.
Unwanted adware can also be manually and voluntarily downloaded from a variety of sources including and may hide inside third-party software and can be contracted from suspicious advertisements, email spam, torrents, etc.
How to remove OfferMosquito adware
- Automatically remove OfferMosquito – Scan for and automatically remove OfferMosquito and third-party malware
- Manually remove OfferMosquito – Remove/Uninstall OfferMosquito software and third-party malware (if necessary)
1. Automatic OfferMosquito removal
Use the instructions below to automatically remove the OfferMosquito hijacker and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
1. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
2. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, make sure to do so.
3. On the first tab labeled “Scanner” select the Perform full scan option and click the Scan button to perform a full system scan. Malwarebytes will automatically detect malware infecting the computer system.
4. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer (the image below shows a file that is NOT selected) or click the Delete button to remove quarantined files.
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall OfferMosquito adware and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall OfferMosquito and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for OfferMosquito, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manual OfferMosquito removal
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall OfferMosquito adware and third-party software using Microsoft Windows removal procedures.
How to uninstall OfferMosquito
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for OfferMosquito and other potentially unwanted software. Once the adware program is located, double click the unwanted program(s) or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button. Keep in mind that OfferMosquito may use a different title name and hide inside third-party software.
How to remove OfferMosquito add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions to remove OfferMosquito add-ons, extensions, plug-ins, and toolbars. Please note, it may be necessary to remove multiple third-party items.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the OfferMosquito extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to them.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the OfferMosquito add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the OfferMosquito add-on and remove it if located.