ODCODC ransomware is malware that encrypts the files on your computer and adds .odcodc and an email address to the file extension name. Once ODCODC ransomware has encrypted the files on your computer it will leave a ransom note named readthis.txt in each folder it encrypts files in. The named readthis.txt ransom note explains what happened to your files and how to pay the ransom to decode your files.
It is not recommended to pay ransomware authors to decrypt your files. Instead you can use programs like Shadow Explorer or Recuva to restore encrypted or deleted files.
Your personal files are encrypted! What happened to your files? All of your files were protected by a strong encryption with RSA-2048. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RSA_(cryptosystem) What does this mean? This means that the structure and data within your files have been irrevocably changed, you will not be able to work with them, read them or see them, it is the same thing as losing them forever, but with our help, you cant restore them. What to do? We can recover your files. You can trust us, for proof of this we can decrypt some your files for free. How to contact you? Write us to email: email@example.com Ваши персональные файлы зашифрованы! Что случилось с файлами? Все ваши файлы зашищены криптостойким алгоритмом RSA-2048. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RSA_(cryptosystem) Что это значит? Это значит, что структура и содержимое ваших файлов потерпили необратиме изменения, вы не можете с ними работать, читать или видеть, это тоже самое, что потерять их бесповоротно, но, с нашей помощью, вы можете их все восстановить. Что мне делать? Мы можем полностью восстановить доступ к вашим файлам. Вы можете нам доверять, доказать честность и серьезность наших намерений мы можем бесплатной расшифровкой нескольких файлов. Как с вами связаться? Напишите нам на почту: firstname.lastname@example.org Your PCID::
Aliases: ODCODC virus, ODCODC ransomware
ODCODC Removal Guide
2. Run the program and start the Recuva Wizard.
3. Select All Files and click Next.
4. Select a file location. Click I’m not sure to search everywhere on your computer.
5. Click Start.
6. Select All Files with your mouse and click the Recover button. If you cannot restore your files with Recuva we recommend to try using Shadow Explorer to restore your files.
7. Download and Install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software to detect and remove malicious files from your computer.
8. Open Malwarebytes and click the Scan Now button – or go to the Scan tab and click the Start Scan button.
9. Once the Malwarebytes scan is complete click the Remove Selected button.
10. To finish the Malwarebytes scan and remove detected threats click the Finish button and restart your computer if promoted to do so.
11. Download and Install HitmanPro by Surfright to perform a second-opinion scan.
12. Open HitmanPro and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may chose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
13. Once the HitmanPro scan is complete click the Next button.
14. To activate the free version of HitmanPro: enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
15. Click the Reboot button.
16. Download and Install CCleaner by Piriform to cleanup junk files, repair your registry, and manage settings that may have been changed.
17. Open CCleaner and go to the main Cleaner screen. Click the Analyze button. When the process is complete, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
18. Go to Tools > Startup and search for suspicious entries in each tab starting from Windows all the way to Content Menu. If you find anything suspicious click it and click the Delete button to remove it.
19. Go to the Registry window and click the Scan for Issues button. When the scan is complete click the Fix selected issues… button and click Fix All Selected Issues.
The key to staying protected against future infections is to follow common online guidelines and take advantage of reputable Antivirus and Anti-Malware security software with real-time protection.
Real-time security software
Security software like Malwarebytes and Norton Security have real-time features that can block malicious files before they spread across your computer. These programs bundled together can establish a wall between your computer and cyber criminals.
- Backup your computer and personal files to an external drive or online backup service
- Create a restore point on your computer in case you need to restore your computer to a date before infection
- Avoid downloading and installing apps, browser extensions, and programs you are not familiar with
- Avoid downloading and installing apps, browser extensions, and programs from websites you are not familiar with – some websites use their own download manager to bundle additional programs with the initial download
- If you plan to download and install freeware, open source software, or shareware make sure to be alert when you install the object and read all the instructions presented by the download manager
- Avoid torrents and P2P clients
- Do not open email messages from senders you do not know