How to remove MySuperCheap (Virus Removal Guide)
What is MySuperCheap (My Super Cheap Adware – Virus)?
MySuperCheap is malware, categorized as adware that utilizes spyware tactics, and is often referred to as a browser hijacker because of the negative affects MySuperCheap has on an internet browser without consent. MySuperCheap is known to install and attach their MySuperCheap extension to internet browsers without permission. The MySuperCheap add-on and extension is used to display advertisements in forms of popups and in-text style links. These unwanted My Super Cheap advertisements are commonly linked to life, hotels, cruises, car rentals, vacations, flights, health, dental, travel, and auto websites. Many infected users have reported they noticed MySuperCheap pop up ads while browsing for travel fares and other mentioned topics online on legitimate websites.
What causes these advertisements is the MySuperCheap and third party add-ons and extensions. The MySuperCheap browser helper object can be voluntarily installed from MySuperCheap.com, but this never seems to be the case. MySuperCheap is heavily associated with Yontoo, Yontoo web apps, Yontoo Layers Client, PageRage, DropDownDeals, and all other Yontoo products and associated Yontoo software. The MySuperCheap infection may have been contracted while installing Yontoo products and really any third party freeware and shareware distributed on the internet.
Side note: MySuperCheap.com was branded and designed by a web designer from San Diego, California in late October 2012.
- MySuperCheap infects a system undetected, most likely bundled with third parties. MySuperCheap also allows third party applications to enter the system without permission once installed.
- Unwanted advertisements are displayed by MySuperCheap in different forms, while visiting different websites. MySuperCheap may display in text advertisements and popup advertisements, including pop-ups at the top of the internet browser (toolbar location, pictured below), especially while visiting travel sites such as SmartFares, Kayak, Hotwire, travelocity, travelticker, and more.
Sometimes before My Super Cheap advertisements pop up, a screen may display: loading search results…
Remove MySuperCheap and third party malware infecting your computer using the steps below to protect yourself and computer for becoming a victim to cyber crime.
How To Remove My Super Cheap Virus – And Third Party Malware
- Antivirus & Anti-Malware Software
- System Restore
- Uninstall MySuperCheap And Related Programs
- Remove MySuperCheap, Yontoo, And Other Add-ons, Extensions, And Toolbars
1. Anti-Malware Software (Detect And Remove Malware)
Malwarebytes is the most recommended Antivirus / Anti-Malware software used to scan, detect, and remove malware and offers a free and paid version.
2. System Restore (Troubleshoot)
Perform a system restore to an automatic restore point created by Window’s to remove MySuperCheap and third party malware that has been active on your system. System Restores can be very helpful to remove all types of malware and programs. System Restores can even be used to remove browser add-ons and extensions.
3. Uninstall MySuperCheap (& Yontoo Web Apps)
MySuperCheap may install as a standalone program but is usually installed alongside Yontoo Web Apps such as Yontoo, Torntv, and RageRage.
If any of these programs are present on your system remove them immediatly. If any suspicious files are present, look them up and remove them if necessary. Note, when seeking if a file or program is malicious on the internet (ie Google) it is often helpful to search the term with the word “virus” at the end. Such as “MySuperCheap virus”. This way you can be sure to find others who may have shared similar information.
1. Access Window’s Start Menu and select Control Panel
2. Select Uninstall a program or Add and remove programs
3. Search for MySuperCheap and Yontoo, including related Yontoo products (Yontoo Layers Client, etc.) in the list of installed programs, double click them once found to uninstall or select them and click the Uninstall button.
4. Yontoo (continued): Once the intent to remove Yontoo via the uninstaller is initiated, Yontoo may prompt a few windows before uninstalling the program is successful. The first window that usually prompts is the Change Installation window shown below. Click the radio option that reads:
Click this option to completely remove Yontoo. Warning, you will lose all dependent applications.
5. A final notification will prompt, click YES. Uninstalling Yontoo is now complete.
Important! Yontoo is a shared web app component. If you remove it, Yontoo Web Apps will no longer work.
In order to completely remove Yontoo, uninstall must close your web browsers.
Click Tes to close your browsers and remove Yontoo.
click No to remove Yontoo without closing your browsers (files in use may be left behind).
Click Canel to abort uninstall and leave Yontoo on your computer.
4. Remove MySuperCheap And Third Party Add-ons, Extensions, And Toolbar
Use these steps below to remove the MySuperCheap browser helper object from your browser. Don’t forget about Yontoo and third party add-ons, extensions, and Toolbars.
To view a list of associated BHOs please refer to a previous post about Text Enhance adware.
1. Click Tools and select Add-ons. (Ctrl+Shift+A)
2. On the Extensions and Plugin look for MySuperCheap and Yontoo add-ons and remove them.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab look for MySuperCheap and Yontoo add-ons and remove them.
1. Click on the Wrench or 3 bar icon next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Look for MySuperCheap and Yontoo extensions and remove them by clicking the trashcan icon immediately adjacent to the add-on/extension.