How To Remove MySearchResults.com Redirection Virus And Default Tab Search Add On Hijacker – MySearchResults Virus
What is the Mysearchresults.com redirection virus?
The Mysearchresults.com redirection virus (My Search Results virus, Mysearchresults Virus, Default Tab virus) is categorized as a browser hijacker because of it’s impact on browser helper objects (internet browser settings) which causes web searches and URLs typed into the internet browser address bar to redirect to Mysearchresults.com and/or associated and third party websites (provided search engines). The Mysearchresults.com virus also affects browser home page settings causing internet browsers to direct to Mysearchresults.com upon start up.
Mysearchresults.com can be voluntarily added as a home page and provided search engine, but if settings have changed causing unwanted redirections to unwanted websites without consent you are most likely infected with third party malware, viruses, and Trojans. These third party infections can be very dangerous causing complete loss of computer functionality or other cyber criminal activity concerning identity theft, credit theft, extortion, and more.
Why is my browser redirecting to Mysearchresults.com?
If web searches and URLs typed into your internet browser’s address bar are redirecting to Mysearchresults.com without your consent your browser’s provided search engines have been changed and your system is most likely infected by a third party. Redirections are usually a sign of a serious malware or virus infection, but may also be utilized by such websites in order to gain earnings through click per click platforms and streams.
You may have contracted an infection by visiting a website hosting malware, a drive by download website, email spam, and more.
Why is my home page Mysearchresults.com?
If your home page has changed to Mysearchresults.com without your consent you are most likely infected by third party malware, viruses, and/or Trojans.
The Mysearchresults.com infection may have been contracted from visiting a website hosting malware, a drive by download website, email spam, malicious social media post links, and more.
How to remove Mysearchresults.com virus
To remove Mysearchresults.com, you will need to uninstall the Default Tab application used to configure internet browser settings and collect data. Default Tab or related add-ons and extensions may be found in your internet browser data. Before attempting to remove any extensions, make sure you have either attempted to or have accomplished uninstalling Default Tab. In most cases, if this process is not orchestrated first, redirections to Mysearchresults.com will be complicated to remove.
1. Uninstall Default Tab Application
1. From Window’s Start Menu select Control Panel
2. Click on Uninstall a Program or Add and remove programs
3. Find and select Default Tab in the list of installed programs.
4. Double click Default Tab and follow the prompted windows to finish uninstalling the software. You can also highlight Default Tab and click Uninstall or right click the program and select Unintsall.
1. Navigate to Tools >Add-ons
2. In the extensions tab highlight Default Tab and click the Remove button
2. Repair Home Page
To remove Mysearchresults.com as your Home Page follow the instructions per each browser installed on your system.
1. Click Tools and select Options.
2. On the General tab, click Restore to Default or add you preferred URL.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Internet Options.
2. On the General tab click Restore to Default or add your preferred URL.
1. Click on the Wrench or 3 bar icon next to the address bar and select Settings.
2. Under the On startup section click Set pages.
3. Click the X next to Mysearchresults.com to remove it and add your preferred home page URL.
3. Repair Provided Search Engines
Use the instructions below to remove Mysearchresults.com (etc) as your provided search engine for each internet browser installed on your system. This is what generally causes redirection to Mysearchresults.com and/or associated websites.
1. Click the 3 bar or wrench settings icon and select Settings.
2. In the Search section select the Manage search engines… button.
3. Remove Mysearchresults.com and/or related search engines by selecting the X next to the URL upon clicking on and highlighting the website(s).
1. Click the small search arrow or magnify glass near the search bar at the top of the internet browser.
2. Select Manage search engines…
3. Highlight Mysearchresults.com and/or related search engines and click remove. The search engine may be a default search engine or listed under “Other search engines”.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. Navigate to the Search Providers list.
3. Search for Mysearchresults.com and/or related search engines and click the Remove button.