How To Remove The MyPlayCity Virus – Start.myplaycity.com Redirect Malware Removal
What is start.myplaycity.com (myplaycity virus)?
The MyPlayCity virus, otherwise known as the Search MyPlayCity virus or start.myplaycity.com redirect virus is potential malware, categorized as a browser hijacker that changes Internet browser settings without consent of the user, including the homepage and default search engine, causing Internet browsers to redirect to start.myplaycity.com and start up on start.myplaycity.com, as well as other websites. MyPlayCity malware may also infect a computer without consent often bundling alongside or inside third party browser add-on, extensions and toolbars. Furthermore, MyPlayCity products can be manually and voluntarily installed from a variety of websites such as search.myplaycity.com and myplaycity.com because MyPlayCity claims to be the leading game portal with a variety of free games for download where you undoubtedly find your full version games (their words). MyPlayCity may also be referred to as freeware or offerware that targets and entraps Internet users to terms they would never agree with.
Though myplaycity.com is a very popular and high-traffic website, it has been reported that in efforts to monetize the free services, myplaycity.com free game downloads, a like download.com, may bundle software with their products without properly notifying the downloader in an ethical manner, that gives the downloader a fair opportunity to understand the terms of the download or opt out unethical one a titration technique that may include the initial installment of adware, potential browser hijackers, and spyware.
Is myplaycity.com safe?
MyPlayCity.com it is not safe for reasons concerning entrapment and the invasion of privacy. It has also been reported that many users use the website and download games without complications.
Symptoms of MyPlayCity malware
The symptoms below have been reported from users who have installed software from myplaycity.com.
Additional installments of software, including software used to collect sensitive information or display unwanted advertisements. MyPlayCity malware is also associated and bundles with third party browser hijackers including the Qvo6 redirect virus. Though some users have been given the opportunity to opt out of installing additional software, the software will install without authorization. *Removing third party browser add-ons, extensions , plug-ins, and toolbars as well as the MyPlayCity toolbar or MyPlayCity community toolbar have caused symptoms to cease.
Common symptoms of the “myplaycity.com virus” are unwanted redirections to start.myplaycity.com, search.myplaycity.com, and other websites. MyPlayCity malware also changes start up of settings, including the homepage and browser shortcuts of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer which in turn causes browsers to boot on start.myplaycity.com and other unwanted websites.
Like most browser hijackers or what are commonly referred to as browser hijackers, as well as malware capable of interrupting browser settings without permission of the computer user, victims privacy is at risk, but concerns relating to identity theft, credit theft, and extortion are low. Though MyPlayCity may invades the invasion of privacy of its users the most common negative effects are listed below.
- Marketing lists – is not true for most, but a lot of freeware distributors and their sponsors may include users to marketing lists without permission .
- Excessive email spam – users may receive excessive amounts of email spam third parties and sponsors I may be included to subscriptions without consent.
- Telephone phishing attempts and telemarketers – Many victims of malware receive phone calls from scam artists pretending to be legitimate companies such as their Internet service provider or Microsoft. These telephone scam artists attempt to gain remote control of the computer system in order to be malicious or scam individuals into paying them to remove malware. *Never give any suspicious caller over the phone private information including credit card numbers and home addresses.
- Junk mail at home and commonly used addresses – Even though you don’t have a timeshare, your mailman will probably think you do.
How to remove MyPlayCity malware
- Automatically remove MyPlayCity malware – Scan for and automatically remove malware infecting your computer system
- Manually remove MyPlayCity malware – Remove/Uninstall MyPlayCity and third-party malware
1. Automatic MyPlayCity removal
Use the instructions below to automatically remove MyPlayCity and third-party malware, and automatically remove MyPlayCity.com web pages from your home page, default search engine, browser shortcut, and other hijacked settings using free or paid versions of software.
1. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
2. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, make sure to do so.
3. On the first tab labeled “Scanner” select the Perform full scan option and click the Scan button to perform a full system scan. Malwarebytes will automatically detect malware infecting the computer system.
4. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer (the image below shows a file that is NOT selected) or click the Delete button to remove quarantined files.
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall stubborn software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall MyPlayCity software and games, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for MyPlayCity, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the programs as selected.
2. Manual removal
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall MyPlayCity using generic removal procedures.
How to uninstall MyPlayCity malware
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs, search for MyPlayCity software, including the MyPlayCity Toolbar and additional software. Once located, double click the unwanted MyPlayCity program or highlight it (select) in the list and click the Uninstall button. Please note, the software that many need to be removed may be a third-party title, publicly unrelated to MyPlayCity.
How to remove the MyPlayCity add-on and extension
Use the instructions to remove MyPlayCity add-ons, extensions, plugins, and toolbars.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the MyPlayCity extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to them.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the MyPlayCity add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the MyPlayCity add-on and remove it if located.
How to manually remove http://start.myplaycity.com/ home page
- In Mozilla Firefox navigate to Tools > Options or click Firefox in the top left corner and click Options > Options. Under the General tab remove start.myplaycity.com from the “Home Page:” text field and replace it with your preferred home page URL.
- In Microsoft Internet Explorer navigate to Tools >Internet Options. Remove start.myplaycity.com from the Home Page text field and replace it with your preferred URL.
- In Google Chrome click the customize icon (wrench or 3 bars) and navigate to Settings.Click “Set pages” under the On startup option. Remove start.myplaycity.com and replace it with your preferred URL.
How to remove http://start.myplaycity.com/ search engine
- In Mozilla Firefox, click the small search magnify glass near the search box (not url/search field) and click “Manage Search Engines…”. Remove the start.myplaycity.com search engine from the list of search providers by highlighting the selections and clicking remove.
- In Microsoft Internet Explorer navigate to Tools > Manage Add Ons > Search Providers and remove the start.myplaycity.com search engine from the list.
- In Google Chrome, click the customize icon (wrench or 3 bars) and navigate to Settings > Manage search engines… click the X next to start.myplaycity.com to remove it as your search engine. If http://www.start.myplaycity.com is set as the default search engine, add (or select) a new search engine (such as Google.com) and select the new search engine as the default search engine, then remove the unwanted search engine by clicking the X next to it.
How to uninstall http://start.myplaycity.com/ shortcut
- Find the shortcut of particular browsers (IE, Firefox, Chrome) in all locations of the computer, including but not limited to the desktop;
- Right click and find “Option”;
- Delete http://myplaycity.com web pages from the “Target” field of on the “Shortcut” tab.