How to remove MyFunCards virus – MyFunCards Toolbar removal (Uninstall guide)
What is MyFunCards Toolbar (hijacker)?
MyFunCards Toolbar, often referred to as the MyFunCards virus, is malware categorized as a browser hijacker that changes internet browser settings of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer, causing unwanted browser redirections and start-ups to Ask.com and other websites, as well as security issues. MyFunCards Toolbar may alter the homepage, default search engine, and browser shortcut of popular internet browsers. Furthermore, MyFunCards Toolbar may display unwanted pop-up, drop-down, and in-text advertisements, as well as allow third-party software installations without direct consent or knowledge of the computer user.
MyFunCards Toolbar is very intruding and will collect and distribute all browser and computer activity. In fact, if manually installing MyFunCards Toolbar you will be prompted with a notification that says MyFunCards can access all data on your computer and the websites you visit. This is a very invasive tactic and MyFunCards Toolbar is not something you want on your computer. Users who also manually and voluntarily install MyFunCards Toolbar may become entrapped to unethical terms and user licenses they would never agree with if presented in a proper manner.
The MyFunCards virus and relating malware can cause privacy issues in which victims receive a large amount of email spam, junk mail (snail mail), and phone calls from telemarketers, especially concerning recent internet habits, such as searches and bookmarks. MyFunCards and third-party malware may include victims to marketing lists without their knowledge.
In some cases, victims of browser hijackers have received telephone calls from scam artists in attempt to extort money. Callers may use information collected by malicious and invasive software, such as home address, social media relationships, email content, information in regards to family members, and more in order to defraud individuals.
How does MyFunCards Toolbar infect a computer?
MyFunCards Toolbar can be manually and voluntarily installed from a variety of websites, including download.com (who may distribute additional malware on top of additional malware MyFunCards provides) and myfuncards.com, but most victims complain that MyFunCards Toolbar installs without consent and welcomes unwanted third-party browser attachments and suspicious software, including scareware used to scaremonger individuals with fake system alerts.
MyFunCards Toolbar can be contracted without consent alongside/bundled with downloadable items such as freeware, shareware, codecs, and torrents. In some cases, third-parties may provide the opportunity to “opt out” of installing MyFunCards Toolbar, but conflicting reports indicate that this is not always true.
How to remove MyFunCards Toolbar
- Automatically remove MyFunCards Toolbar malware – Scan for and automatically remove MyFunCards and third-party malware
- Manually remove MyFunCards Toolbar – Remove/Uninstall MyFunCards Toolbar software and third-party malware
1. Automatic MyFunCards removal
Use the instructions below to automatically remove the MyFunCards Toolbar hijacker and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your home page, default search engine, browser shortcuts, and other hijacked settings.
1. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
2. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, make sure to do so.
3. On the first tab labeled “Scanner” select the Perform full scan option and click the Scan button to perform a full system scan. Malwarebytes will automatically detect malware infecting the computer system.
4. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer (the image below shows a file that is NOT selected) or click the Delete button to remove quarantined files.
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall MyFunCards and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall MyFunCards and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for MyFunCardsr, Ask Toolbar, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manual MyFunCards removal
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall MyFunCards and third-party software using generic Microsoft Windows removal procedures.
How to uninstall MyFunCards Toolbar malware
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs, search for MyFunCards Toolbar, MyFunCards, Ask Toolbar, and other potentially unwanted software. Once located, double click the unwanted programs or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button.
How to remove MyFunCards Toolbar add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions to remove MyFunCards Toolbar add-ons, extensions, and plug-ins. Please note, it may be necessary to remove multiple third-party titles.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the MyFunCards Toolbar extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to them.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the MyFunCards Toolbar add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the MyFunCards Toolbar add-on and remove it if located.