MixiDJ virus (MixiDJ V37 Toolbar)
MixiDJ and the MixiDJ Community Toolbar is potential malware, categorized as a browser hijacker that can be manually installed from Mixi.dj, or may bundle with third-party malware; however, most users complain that MixiDJ Toolbar (also found as MixiDJ V37 or MixiDJ V37 Toolbar for IE) installed without consent. The primary objective of the Mixi.Dj virus (though not technically a computer virus) is to change existing internet browser settings in order to bombard a computer user with third-party advertisements from unethical sources such as Coupon Buddy and cause internet browsers to redirect to the MixiDJ Search engine powered by Conduit.
The MixiDJ may also promote itself as a legitimate “free” social player. in fact, MixiDJ claims to be the best social player in the world, capable of creating your own social playlists and mixes, but the truth is MixiDJ likely entrap victims to unethical terms.
Is Mixi.Dj safe to download and use?
No, MixiDJ (OutBrowse LTD, MixiDJ V37) and the MixDJ Toolbar is not safe to download and use for reasons concerning cyber criminal activity and the invasion of privacy.
- MixiDJ Community Toolbar and alike browser hijackers can install onto a computer and attach to an internet browser without permission, often bundled with potential third-party malware.
- MixiDJ and associated parties replace existing internet browser settings, including the home page and default search engine, which in turn causes infected internet browser to start up on and redirect to the MixiDJ Search Engine (search.conduit.com).
- MixiDJ software and the MixiDJ Toolbar hijacker is associated with third-party malware, including adware, offerware, and spyware used to collect sensitive information. Removing third-party software and browser add-ons, extensions, and Toolbars, often removes the Mixi.Dj redirect.
- Mixi.DJ may be difficult to uninstall and as well as install. Manually installing MixiDJ takes you through a series of screens promoting unethical software attachments. Once the last offer is up, Mixi.DJ will start to install onto your computer. The only way to stop this is to X out of the MixiDJ window.
- The domain name ppdownloader.com is associated with Mixi.dj.
How to remove the MixiDJ virus
- Automatic removal - Detect and remove MixiDJ malware
- Manual removal and repair - Manually Remove MixiDJ malware
1. Automatic MixiDJ removal
Use these instructions to completely remove MixiDJ and third-party malware, as well as repair compromised internet browser settings.
1. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
2. Once Malwarebytes is installed, open the Malwarebytes program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, please do so. If you are using an existing version of Malwarebytes on your computer, make sure you update the software by navigating to the Update tab.
3. On the first tab that says “Scanner” select the Perform full scan option and click the Scan button to perform a full system scan. Malwarebytes will automatically detect and remove MixiDJ and associated malware.
4. Once the scan is over, Malwarebytes may prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer (the image below shows a file that is NOT selected).
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings, start-up settings, or troubleshoot MixiDJ Toolbar removal issues.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall unwanted software, navigate to the Uninstall tab.
2. Manual MixiDJ removal
Use the instructions below to manually remove MixiDJ Toolbar and repair your internet browser settings.
Uninstall MixiDJ Toolbar (Windows Uninstaller – Control Panel)
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs, search for MixiDJ, MixiDJ 1, MixiDJ Community Toolbar, MixiDJ V37 (etc.) and suspicious third party software. To uninstall the unwanted software double click the programs icon, or highlight the program in the list and click Uninstall.
4. Mixi.DJ may prompt a pop-up that says Are you sure you want to completely remove MixiDJ 1 and all of its components? click Yes.
5. Another pop-up will appear that says In order to complete the uninstall, the software needs to close your browser. Choose YES to continue or No to cancel… Click Yes.
Remove MixiDJ Toolbar (Uninsatll MixiDJ V37)
MixiDJ may install as a standalone browser attachment, alongside third-party browser attachments, or bundled inside a third-party browser attachment.
It is suggested to Uninstall any unwanted programs and browser helper objects using Window’s Uninstaller or CCleaner prior to removing the browser attachment.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Locate the MixiDJ Toolbar (MixiDJ V37) and additional third party extensions. Remove them by clicking the trashcan icon next to them.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin locate the MixiDJ Toolbar (MixiDJ V37) and additional third party add-ons and remove them.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab locate the MixiDJ Toolbar (MixiDJ V37) and additional third party add-ons and remove them if located.
Additional MixiDJ V37 removal (Advanced)
Listed below are files and folders associated with MixiDJ V37 and similar software.
Menu\Programs\Startup\MixiDJ_Updater.lnk Delete file: C:\Users\1\Desktop\MixiDJ.lnk Delete file: C:\Users\1\AppData\Roaming\Mixi.DJ\bho.dll Delete file: C:\Users\1\AppData\Roaming\Mixi.DJ\FF8Installer.exe Delete file: C:\Users\1\AppData\Roaming\Mixi.DJ\ffextension\chrome\content\ff-overlay.js Delete file: C:\Users\1\AppData\Roaming\Mixi.DJ\ffextension\chrome\content\ff-overlay.xul Delete file: C:\Users\1\AppData\Roaming\Mixi.DJ\ffextension\chrome\content\overlay.js Remove folder: C:\Users\1\AppData\Roaming\Mixi.DJ\ffextension\chrome\content\ Delete file: C:\Users\1\AppData\Roaming\Mixi.DJ\ffextension\chrome\locale\en-US\overlay.dtd Delete file: C:\Users\1\AppData\Roaming\Mixi.DJ\ffextension\chrome\locale\en-US\overlay.properties Remove folder: C:\Users\1\AppData\Roaming\Mixi.DJ\ffextension\chrome\locale\en-US\ Remove folder: C:\Users\1\AppData\Roaming\Mixi.DJ\ffextension\chrome\locale\ Delete file: C:\Users\1\AppData\Roaming\Mixi.DJ\ffextension\chrome\skin\overlay.css Remove folder: C:\Users\1\AppData\Roaming\Mixi.DJ\ffextension\chrome\skin\ Remove folder: C:\Users\1\AppData\Roaming\Mixi.DJ\ffextension\chrome\ Delete file: C:\Users\1\AppData\Roaming\Mixi.DJ\ffextension\chrome.manifest Delete file: C:\Users\1\AppData\Roaming\Mixi.DJ\ffextension\defaults\preferences\prefs.js Remove folder: C:\Users\1\AppData\Roaming\Mixi.DJ\ffextension\defaults\preferences\ Remove folder: C:\Users\1\AppData\Roaming\Mixi.DJ\ffextension\defaults\ Delete file: C:\Users\1\AppData\Roaming\Mixi.DJ\ffextension\install.rdf Remove folder: C:\Users\1\AppData\Roaming\Mixi.DJ\ffextension\ Delete file: C:\Users\1\AppData\Roaming\Mixi.DJ\loading.gif Delete file: C:\Users\1\AppData\Roaming\Mixi.DJ\loading.html Delete file: C:\Users\1\AppData\Roaming\Mixi.DJ\MixiDJ.crx Delete file: C:\Users\1\AppData\Roaming\Mixi.DJ\MixiDJ.exe Delete file: C:\Users\1\AppData\Roaming\Mixi.DJ\mixilogo.png Delete file: C:\Users\1\AppData\Roaming\Mixi.DJ\MixiUpdater.exe Delete file: C:\Users\1\AppData\Roaming\Mixi.DJ\uninst.exe Delete file: C:\Users\1\AppData\Roaming\Mixi.DJ\Updater.exe Delete file: C:\Users\1\AppData\Roaming\Mixi.DJ\version.exe Delete file: C:\Users\1\AppData\Roaming\Mixi.DJ\YouTubeManager.dll Remove folder: C:\Users\1\AppData\Roaming\Mixi.DJ\ Delete file: C:\Users\1\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start\(random) Misc. bho.dll ContinueMixi.DJ.exe ContinueMixi.DJ.ink DownloadManager.exe C:\Users\1\AppData\Local\Temp\DownloadManager.exe "C:\Users\1\AppData\Local\Temp\DownloadManager.exe" /PID=100 /SUBPID=0 /DISTID=124 /NETWORKID=0 /CID=0 /PRODUCT_ID=46 /SERVER_URL=http://installer.ppdownload.com loading.exe loading.png FFGInstaller.exe Mixidj.crx "AppData/Roaming" Mixidj.exe Mixidj.ink MixiDJ_100.exe uninst.exe Updater.exe version.exe YouTubeManager.dll ffextension (folder) defaults (folder) chrome (folder) chrome.manifest install.rdf
Remove and/or repair registry entries associated with MixiDJ malware.
C:\Windows\system32\regsvr32.exe /u /s" "C:\Users\1\AppData\Roaming\Mixi.DJ\bho.dll
The videos below show how to remove MixiDJ search engine (search.conduit.com) from Google Chrome. This will stop new tabs and windows to redirecting to the unwanted website.