How to remove LizardLink – Removal Instructions
LizardLink virus (Lizard Link)
The LizardLink virus (also found as Lizard Link virus; though not technically a computer virus) is potential malware or an unwanted program categorized as adware and a browser hijacker that installs to a Microsoft Windows computer system and attaches to Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer as a browser add-on, browser helper object (BHO), and extension with or without user consent.
Once LizardLink adware is installed, the program or program used to support LizardLink advertisements will begin to change existing internet browser settings and in turn will display unwanted pop-up advertisements, in-text ads, banner ads, and drop-down coupons ads.
LizardLink and supported third-party items may change Microsoft Windows start-up settings and internet browser settings. Furthermore unwanted applications used to promote Lizard Link advertisements may invade a user’s privacy by collecting, observing, and distributing sensitive user information.
LizardLink and third-party items have been reported to submit collected user information to third-party marketing and mailing lists without user consent. Some have reported excessive email spam, junk mail, and telephone calls from telemarketers concerning their recent browser activity and history.
How does LizardLink adware get onto a computer?
LizardLink adware primarily bundles with third-party freeware and shareware. In some cases users are given the opportunity to accept or decline an offer to install third particular adware and third-partyy items; however, the request to decline the offer is often ignored or presented in a confusing manner.
The unwanted adware platform may also hide inside third-party software and can be contracted from suspicious advertisements, email spam, torrents, etc.
How to remove LizardLink adware
- Automatically remove LizardLink – Scan for and automatically remove LizardLink and third-party malware
- Manually remove LizardLink – Remove/Uninstall LizardLink adware and third-party malware (if necessary)
1. Automatic LizardLink removal
Use the instructions below to automatically remove LizardLink adware and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
1. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
2. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, make sure to do so.
3. On the first tab labeled “Scanner” select the Perform full scan option and click the Scan button to perform a full system scan. Malwarebytes will automatically detect malware infecting the computer system.
4. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer (the image below shows a file that is NOT selected) or click the Delete button to remove quarantined files.
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall LizardLink adware and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall LizardLink and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for LizardLink, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manual LizardLink removal
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall LizardLink adware and third-party software using Microsoft Windows removal procedures.
How to uninstall LizardLink
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for LizardLink and other potentially unwanted software. Once the adware program is located, double click the unwanted program(s) or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button.
How to remove LizardLink add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions to remove LizardLink add-ons, extensions, plug-ins, and toolbars. Please note, it may be necessary to remove multiple third-party items.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the LizardLink extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to them.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the LizardLink add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the LizardLink add-on and remove it if located.