How to remove Live Security Professional – Rogue removal instructions (Uninstall guide)
What is Live Security Professional (Scareware)?
Live Security Professional (Live Security, Live Security PRO) is a rogue Windows Antispyware program, classified as malware in the scareware category that performs fake system scans for computer viruses and spyware, displays fake scan results, displays fake system notifications (alert messages), and causes other problems for computer users in order to frighten or persuade unsuspecting victims to purchase the software by activating, registering, or signing up for the fraudulent software. Live Security Professional, also referred to as the Live Security Professional virus (or Live Security virus) primarily installs to a computer system without consent via compromised websites, though the malicious Live Security Professional program can be manually and voluntarily installed as Live Security Professional may fraudulently promote itself as safe and legitimate software.
Once Live Security Professional has installed the unwanted program will run each time Microsoft Windows is started, proceed to perform a fake system scan, and will terminate legitimate software used to eradicate it; often claiming the execution of the legitimate software has been corrupted. The fake Windows Antivirus/Antispyware program may show results and prompt alert messages that claim numerous infections were detected.
The messages may claim that it is highly recommended that you remove all threats from your computer immediately by purchasing the registered version of Live Security Professional. These messages displayed by Live Security Professional should be ignored as they are false. A common alert notification relating to the termination of legitimate software is detailed below:
Live Security Professional Live Security Professional has blocked cmd.exe! Threat detected!
DO NOT purchase or sign up ‘in’ (for) Live Security Professional! It is not recommended to handover your purchase information to cyber criminals. Cyber crimes relating to Live Security Professional malware include credit theft, extortion, and identity theft. On a lesser-scale victims of the fake Live Security Professional software can expect excessive email spam, junk mail, and phone calls from telemarketers.
If Live Security Professional software is installed your privacy is at risk. Remove this unwanted software immediately using the removal instructions further below.
How does Live Security Professional infect a computer?
Live Security Professional is primarily contracted via compromised (hacked) websites via exploit kits and trojan horses. Live Security Professional may also download alongside downloadable content such as freeware, shareware, codecs, and even torrents.
Live Security Professional may scam individuals who seek to download and install free Windows Antivirus or Antispyware software. If you have purchased Live Security Professional, it is recommended to seek the correct institution concerning your purchase and account security.
How to remove Live Security Professional
- Automatically remove Live Security Professional – Scan for and automatically remove Live Security Professional malware
- Manually remove Live Security Professional – Uninstall Live Security Professional and third-party malware if allowed
1. Automatic Live Security Professional removal
Use the instructions below to automatically remove Live Security Professional scareware and third-party malware.
The free and full versions of Malwarebytes will detect and remove Live Security malware.
1. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
2. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, make sure to do so.
3. On the first tab labeled “Scanner” select the Perform full scan option and click the Scan button to perform a full system scan. Malwarebytes will automatically detect Live Security Professional and relating malware infecting the computer system.
4. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer (the image below shows a file that is NOT selected) or click the Delete button to remove quarantined files.
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall stubborn Live Security software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found. Something to look for might include the title “pcfighter or spamfighter.”
4. To automatically uninstall Live Security Professional and unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and located Live Security Professional software in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the programs as selected.
2. Manual Live Security Professional removal
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall Live Security Professional using generic removal procedures, as well as third-party malware that may have installed alongside Live Security Professional software.
Identifying Live Security Professional files (Advanced)
In some cases, Live Security malware can be manually removed by deleting associated files. Identifying these files is not always easy and is not recommended. Common file locations and file names are detailed below:
%CommonAppData%\WaDprnV7\ %CommonAppData%\WaDprnV7\DD1 %CommonAppData%\WaDprnV7\WaDprnV7.exe %CommonAppData%\WaDprnV7\WaDprnV7.exe.manifest %CommonAppData%\WaDprnV7\WaDprnV7.ico %CommonAppData%\WaDprnV7\WaDprnV7kassgxDq.in %CommonAppData%\WaDprnV7\WaDprnV7kassgxDq.lg
How to uninstall Live Security Professional (Win.Rogue)
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs, search for Live Security Professional and other potentially unwanted software. Once located, double click the unwanted programs or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button.